Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

How to advoid duplicate content

• Please log in to reply
    15 replies to this topic

#1 felku

felku

• Members
    • posts 116

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

I'm creating a new site and I want to add a page to put the rules from some sport. How can I put the information without being duplicate content.

#2 tenglangtrade

tenglangtrade

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

You can search your site before you post.
    TRX | P90X

#3 felku

felku

• Members
    • posts 116

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

You can search your site before you post.

I want to add a info that it was created by an organization, for examples rules for boxing and added to my site without being flagged like a duplicate content

#4 WillJR

WillJR

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 42

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:05 AM

if your using wordpress theres a plugin for that

#5 felku

felku

• Members
    • posts 116

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

with this site I'm using wordpress but I'm a total newb, this is the first time I use wordpress. You know what is the plugin name?

#6 cartergarth

cartergarth

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 23

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

There are duplicate content checker available. You can have that.

#7 Fraser

Fraser

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 24

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

If you add the rules of a sport to your website, it will be duplicate content. I don't think that's a big deal, the official rules are the official rules. If you want to be really careful, you can always set those pages to be noindex, so Google doesn't index them and flag them as duplicate content. You could also link to them in another location.
    Publisher of Universe Today; co-founder of Keyword Strategy. Twitter @keywordstrategy

#8 Glassy

Glassy

• Members
    • posts 387

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

I have an idea about this. Take a screenshot of the rules and use an image instead of text. Make the text the same as your website by cutting and pasting it into whatever your website style is, then view it using your default browser, then do a screenshot and put that image in your website.

You can't be done for dupe content that way.

#9 candem

candem

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 34

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I'm creating a new site and I want to add a page to put the rules from some sport. How can I put the information without being duplicate content.

Here is my take on duplicate content. The only real "penalty" for duplicate content is that Google will decide which page is the most relevant and show that one - not any of the others.

What this means to me is that if you are trying to get your page ranked for say "Rules of Boxing" then probably one of the authority sites is going to out rank you. However, if you are trying to rank for "Rules of Boxing in Timbuktu" then the chances are the authority sites will not have "Timbuktu" in their content and your page will rank.

Having said that I always add content around the duplicate content to increase the uniqueness of the page. I have many sites in local vertical niches so we often have very similar content in multiple different cities and have great success in ranking these sites by primarily changing just the city.

#10 Glassy

Glassy

• Members
    • posts 387

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

Here is my take on duplicate content. The only real "penalty" for duplicate content is that Google will decide which page is the most relevant and show that one - not any of the others.

What this means to me is that if you are trying to get your page ranked for say "Rules of Boxing" then probably one of the authority sites is going to out rank you. However, if you are trying to rank for "Rules of Boxing in Timbuktu" then the chances are the authority sites will not have "Timbuktu" in their content and your page will rank.

Having said that I always add content around the duplicate content to increase the uniqueness of the page. I have many sites in local vertical niches so we often have very similar content in multiple different cities and have great success in ranking these sites by primarily changing just the city.

I always thought that the first site to get the unique content indexed by G, is the one that doesn't get penalized in any way for dupe content, regardless of how relevant or how much authority that site has.

#11 JasonP

JasonP

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 10

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

I always thought that the first site to get the unique content indexed by G, is the one that doesn't get penalized in any way for dupe content, regardless of how relevant or how much authority that site has.

There's a difference from getting penalized and not being in search results. Having a little duplicate content on your site is no big deal as far as I can tell. Just don't expect the duplicate content to end up high in the search results and drive traffic. If the content is relevant and useful to your visitors, don't be afraid to use it.

#12 candem

candem

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 34

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

Not in my experience. I have seen sites with duplicated content that outrank the original.

#13 thrall

thrall

• Members
    • posts 170

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

This whole thread is LOL.

RE-WRITE THE CONTENT.

Don't cloak the content, either spin the hell out of it so it's unique but unreadable for humans, or re-write it if you need it readable.

#14 revenue4u

revenue4u

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 3

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

You can check for duplicate content using Copyscape. If you are publishing the "rules" from an organization that has copyrighted them, then get permission before publishing. You should post them without editing, so the meaning is not distorted. You may want to link to the organization, should be a great backlink.

#15 JSProjects

JSProjects

• Members
    • posts 977

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

I was going to suggest an image as well, if you don't particularly care about the keywords / SEO for the page. (Although you can still get around that by writing a little bit of content for the page.)
    CLICK HERE For 172,761 DoFollow Blog Post URL's From 2,235 Unique Blogs

PR6: 2 / PR5: 17 / PR4: 213 / PR3: 1,426 / PR2: 4,663 / PR1: 9,500

16 Packs Sold, 4 Remaining. Enter "BF" for 10% off.

#16 johny0808

johny0808

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 13

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

you can search in google for "check copyscpe"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users