Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

What to do with $3,000- a new case study.

• Please log in to reply
    36 replies to this topic

#21 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

I think your kind of missing the point of the tool. Your not supposed to be spending time trying to actually rank anything that shadowmaker builds (kind of defeats the purpose as you could just spend that time ranking your actual site).

forgive my ignorance with terms, but based on the assumption that the sales page is the cloaked page, wouldn't you want to link to the non cloaked pages since these pages ranking in G is where the traffic will come from?

What have I done? Lol

Anyways there's far too many uses to cover in any one or ten threads. No disrespect meant by that, just saying... It's a deep, deep topic that would justify a full sub forum to cover. We will never be able to cover it here.

I think the term is tickle tease or something like that.

#22 Gary Becks

Gary Becks

• Members
    • posts 920

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

forgive my ignorance with terms, but based on the assumption that the sales page is the cloaked page, wouldn't you want to link to the non cloaked pages since these pages ranking in G is where the traffic will come from?

I think the term is tickle tease or something like that.

As noted already there are tons of different approaches/strategies for this and there's probably really no "right" way to do it, it's really about what suits you best. I know that I go for all out spamming with my technique so none of them get any "real" links but that's neither here nor there.

For what it's worth I do agree with GOY that this is far to broad a subject to cover in such a thread as this one and it would require a bit more input that can be spared here. On top of that I am not even sure what the rules are or how taboo of of a subject is this is around these parts? That's probably as far as this needs to go in this thread...
    :cool:

#23 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

lol, yeah sorry about that... I had a brain fart. But yes, in my opinion you'd backlink the cloaked pages - however cloaking is kinda like... hum... sex? Everyone is unique in their... uh.... "Style?"

point of clarification, are the unreadable crap blog posts the cloaked ones or is the sales page the cloaked page?

#24 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

thanks, now your answer makes more sense in my mind.

back to the regularly scheduled whitehat conversations.

btw if this was starwars:

DV: Luke I am your father
    L: No it can't be true
    DV: It is, come join me on the dark side of the force.
    L: eh... ok.

#25 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

ok, going to push the envelope a teeny bit further.

this question is for both GOY and Gary,

Knowing that there is know industry standard and opinions differ, in your own opinion is it better to:

a)make the cloaked page a page on the same domain as the spammalicious content.
    b)make the cloaked page a page on a separate domain
    c)make the cloaked page an affiliate link to the affiliate offer?

Second question:
    would there be an advantage or drawback to using these spammalicious content pages for SEO purposes to other sites?

#26 Gary Becks

Gary Becks

• Members
    • posts 920

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Don't take this the wrong way....

Spend some time reading about cloaking before throwing poop at a wall or doing anything either me or Gary suggest. If you need us to advise you on it, you're not really sure about what you are getting yourself involved in. Maybe shapeshifter is a little less... aggressive... then shadowmaker, but none the less it's still cloaking. Get involved on some forums that discuss it at length, and don't be in a rush to get involved just because it's the new shiney toy that you want to play with.

There's some... greater concerns that you need to spend the time reading up on and educationing yourself about.

Let's put it this way... your alone, horny and have 200 bucks in your pocket. There's is not a single condom in sight....

Oh, did I mention you were in Sub-Saharan Africa where an estimated 22.5 million people are living with HIV.....

DO YOU

A) Follow another guy's advice who is familiar with the area and keep your wang in your pants....

or

B) Go bang a hooker without a condom, because it's what you want and you wanted it yesterday. The down side is that she probably had HIV, as you will find out in 6-8 months.

With cloaking, keep it in your pants until you are ready to settle down. It's not one of those things to try on a whim or just because it's fresh, new and exciting. Seriously, I mean no offense, but you can burn yourself and all of your sites very easily if you don't go get yourself a condom of education and experience. By that I mean, go to boards where these things are talked about by people that know what they are doing and just read, read, read.... It's not a topic where you can "Just assemble some facts."

I haven't heard a whisper about where you got your multiple C-class IP hosting at, or where you asked about IP delivery, or how many sites are okay to risk on 1 IP or why there is even an IP related risk. Not knowing those things and cloaking anyways... it's banging that HIV invfested hooker just because you didn't know about HIV....

This is one of the only times you will find me screaming for the brakes on BH tactics, but cloaking isn't a game. Google can cost you thousands of dallors in domains in a day over one IP leak, and while that may be "A part of it" for some, that might put others right out of business.

That having been said, I really like cloaking, but I spent 3+ months learning about it before ever making my first cloaked domain.

Look what you've started! Lol. As I mentioned before, this started a thread asking for advise about SEO tactics and has kind of gotten off track here by the simple mention of a highly priced piece of software - not good... Cloaking is a totally different ball game and is beyond the realm of mere SEO and to be honest, probably isn't warranted in your situation.

In my experience I have NEVER went through the trouble of using Shapeshifter for anything other than CPA offers as the conversions are quick and easy. User clicks through, user enters email address, I get paid - no sales copy or any of the normal conversion factors to worry about. Some things to consider - the bounce rate it higher than average with cloaked pages, you have MUST have a reasonable number of domains setup to create a successful network of pages, IP diversity is a must, it's all a numbers game. Either way I think you'd do better re-evaluating whether or not you even need to take that path, unless of course you have already bought the software, which in the case of shapeshifter would mean you now have access to the forums which has a lot more info on the overall subject and best practices.

#27 DailyMail

DailyMail

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 80

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

Unless you have a lot of keywords / phrases you want to target why not create your cloaking pages yourself and save $3000 :)

I just realised you can probably can create a wide array of pages to get exact matches for a lot of phrases / keywords, related to your topic.

Edited by DailyMail, 05 November 2011 - 10:00 AM.

#28 SEWarrior

SEWarrior

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

I always get excited whenever I see Yordy in action! Good luck!

#29 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

ok, I have some time to come back to this now.

1. I have not purchased anything yet.
    2. ip questions were going to come next.
    3. she swore she was clean.
    4. with the shapeshifter video, it showed it all loading on 1 blog. My initial thinking after that was to get a new hosting account, install shapeshifter on domain, cloak to sales page, bl the crap out of the craptastic blog posts. From GOY's reply, I am thinking that I need multiple cloaked domains?
    5. I realize I have much learning and reading to do yet, which is why I have not pulled any triggers yet. At this point, I am just asking you to help put the condom on.
    6. regarding the rest of sex ed- bhseos, or is there another a better option?

#30 Gary Becks

Gary Becks

• Members
    • posts 920

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

ok, I have some time to come back to this now.

1. I have not purchased anything yet.
    2. ip questions were going to come next.
    3. she swore she was clean.
    4. with the shapeshifter video, it showed it all loading on 1 blog. My initial thinking after that was to get a new hosting account, install shapeshifter on domain, cloak to sales page, bl the crap out of the craptastic blog posts. From GOY's reply, I am thinking that I need multiple cloaked domains?
    5. I realize I have much learning and reading to do yet, which is why I have not pulled any triggers yet. At this point, I am just asking you to help put the condom on.
    6. regarding the rest of sex ed- bhseos, or is there another a better option?

In regards to the one question in your post, depending on what your plans are you're going to need more like 15 - 20 domains per project. At least that's how I roll.

#31 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

In regards to the one question in your post, depending on what your plans are you're going to need more like 15 - 20 domains per project. At least that's how I roll.

so just so I am clear in my understanding, 15-20 spam blog type post domains all funnelling to one sales page?

GOY is talking about one site spitting out the content to multiple domains if I am understanding correctly. if I am, is this possible with shapeshifter, or is shadowmaker needed for that level? or will I need shapeshifter installed on all the domains?

just for clarification, I am not looking at this for the current project of this thread, but to add a tool to my toolbox and to tackle a future project with it in the near future.

#32 Gary Becks

Gary Becks

• Members
    • posts 920

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

{edited|changed}

Edited by Gary Becks, 08 November 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#33 M.C. Histemine

M.C. Histemine

• Members
    • posts 127

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Shit the bed. This thread is a mind blower.

#34 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Kurt - you're asking good questions, but you're going to hit a wall on the kind of information that will be shared in the open ;) Google has a 4 foot hard on with a cheeseburger on the end of it for cloaked domains, so... you've got to understand, I made a mis-step by bringing it up, but the reason for not going further with the conversation has a lot more to do with the nature of the forum than you.

-------- this is the line between private/paid and public forums --------

understood. bhseos best option or would you recommend somewhere else?

#35 Gary Becks

Gary Becks

• Members
    • posts 920

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

One server, well, VPS. Vps being the desirable option, but explaining why isn't something I'm comfortable talking about on an open forum.

Kurt - you're asking good questions, but you're going to hit a wall on the kind of information that will be shared in the open ;) Google has a 4 foot hard on with a cheeseburger on the end of it for cloaked domains, so... you've got to understand, I made a mis-step by bringing it up, but the reason for not going further with the conversation has a lot more to do with the nature of the forum than you.

-------- this is the line between private/paid and public forums --------

Couldn't agree with you more. Post edited...

#36 stevejones003

stevejones003

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 38

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Though,the thread is going the other way;I do not think anyone in right mind will mind that. :D
    ^^Which private BH forum will you recommend for advanced stuff with minimum BS.
    Thanks

#37 skilganon

skilganon

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 79

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

That Shadowmaker link is like a Rowntrees Fruit Pastille...

Once you read the thread you just gotta chew!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users