Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

What is a QUALITY Link ?

• Please log in to reply
    26 replies to this topic

#1 WillJR

WillJR

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 42

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:36 AM

I read time and time again to build more quality links to your site

Yet I've never really gotten a good description of a quality link. I ve always read that one quality link is equal to bunch of low quality links.

What defines a link as a "quality" link? is it page PR ?

For example

a fresh new ezine article with a page pr 0 vs a spammed pr4 blog backlink
    (which has more "quality" -same anchor text)

Edited by WillJR, 22 September 2011 - 03:40 AM.

#2 ForumDr

ForumDr

• Members
    • posts 262

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:20 AM

My definition of a quality link is a link that is freely given by another site to your site becasue of your sites content - ie its a link you did nothing to get.

My definition of a weak link is links you get yourself easily - eg article submission; blog comments; forum profiles; etc

#3 Jbar

Jbar

• Members
    • posts 128

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

To get an idea of quality you need to compare multiple links against each other. Comparing an ezine article to a spammed out pr 4 blog one will be a higher quality than the other but neither are quality imo.

I've always used "the number and quality of the sources referring to a page are a good measure of the page's quality"

So to find a quality link I generally use:

- The proximity of the linking page to the index page. The index pages typically send the most juice because it has the most links to it.
    - The number of external inbound links to the page.
    - The number of internal links to the linking page.
    - The number of unique linking domains to the domain you want a link from
    - The quality of links to the domain / page the link will be obtained from.
    - Other factors like co-citation and social media factors.

If you don't go for quality links you need to get quantity. I prefer a mix of both.

#4 empori_exchange

empori_exchange

• Members
    • posts 321

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

three things:
    1. the page's PR where you are commenting.
    2. the content of the page and the type of the page like Do follow.
    3. related to your site.
    if the link fulfill these three things then i think you can say that is a quality link.
    thanks
    EWA Private Network pays me PAYPAL WEEKLY!

#5 bhatnagar.ashish001

bhatnagar.ashish001

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 23

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

In my opinion quality links means that backlink which comes from high PR websites or niche forums. Quality backlink plays a most important role in website promotion. Google always gives priority to the quality backlinks.

#6 BMsh

BMsh

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 69

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

IMO: Long term link+somehow Related= Quality link

#7 WillJR

WillJR

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 42

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

Great replies guys

Thanks

The biggest factor I take in account is the page pr and it looks like a lot of you guys do as well.

#8 MHasan

MHasan

Banned

• Banned
    • posts 143

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

Page rank is not the main fact for quality back link. but it should not spammed.

BLAM Ads makes me over $7,000 a month, read my comment here!
    I switched my traffic from the others and I'm making more!!!!!

#9 Jbar

Jbar

• Members
    • posts 128

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

To me, a link is a link.

GOY, you should link to this post:

http://backlinksforu...mple-video.html

everytime you say that. Its a bit overly simplistic to say that a link is a link. Clearly you put alot of thought into how you use links to get results and how the all work together. Others who simply just blast away don't get the same results. Isn't there a saying, is not the size of your **** but how you use it. The same could be said for links. There is a certain degree of finesse that's needed to make the links work. It's not all about quantity.

Edited by Jbar, 22 September 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#10 Jbar

Jbar

• Members
    • posts 128

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

True, I'm probably guilty of over thinking things a bit much and should focus more on actions vs thinking. But on the other hand I see a number of people here that have either gotten link based penalties or they are building links with no effect.

But at the end of the day I'll take all the links I can get my hands on pretty much regardless of quality, and I think most people doing link development would too.

#11 thinkingandthinking

thinkingandthinking

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 53

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

The experts say it's contextual, high PR links.

BUT- I think natural links are also key in this day and age of social media. If you're getting some natural links, that means you can get more and more. That easily mixes up your IP diversity, anchor text diversity, etc... all the things we try to do manually!

#12 psnw

psnw

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 73

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

I would have to agree - it's IP diversity, anchor text, high PR, and low OBL = good quality link.

#13 ryanjm

ryanjm

• Members
    • posts 548

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

^Yep, I'm all about quantity as well. Unless you simply build an awesome site and sit back and wait for it to rank, then everything you do to help boost the ranking can be seen as "unnatural" or against their TOS, or an algo filter/penalty, or whatever, and your ranking tanks. So just get lots of sites and put 'just enough' work into them imo.

As for quality, I'd say that those are links from established sites that aren't filled with tons of spam. It's the difference between getting a link on cnn.com versus random_article_directory.com. But generally, there is a wide range of opinions on what is "quality."

#14 JSProjects

JSProjects

• Members
    • posts 977

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

My definition of a quality link is a link that is freely given by another site to your site becasue of your sites content - ie its a link you did nothing to get.

I'd agree with this. The best / highest quality link you can get is a link that you did nothing yourself to obtain. (Other than create good content.)

Also, this is pretty much the only thing that Google sees as "white hat." Most of us, at the very least, live in the middle of white & black hat. So we shouldn't be too surprised or angry when Google penalizes us. Because I'd bet technically, none of us follow the rules.
    CLICK HERE For 172,761 DoFollow Blog Post URL's From 2,235 Unique Blogs

PR6: 2 / PR5: 17 / PR4: 213 / PR3: 1,426 / PR2: 4,663 / PR1: 9,500

16 Packs Sold, 4 Remaining. Enter "BF" for 10% off.

#15 Jbar

Jbar

• Members
    • posts 128

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

the page from where the link is coming should have good PR and alexa rank.

dianarobert00, agree with most of what you say but having a page with PR is not a very good indicator of quality imo. PR is only updated a few times / yr and new pages are created everyday.

#16 Jbar

Jbar

• Members
    • posts 128

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

[

To me, the best site is absolutely MEANINGLESS if nobody ever visits it. So I don't overly invest myself in building a perfect uber site. The only time I'll build a nice looking site is AFTER it ranks.

That's the best piece of advice I've heard on this board, wish someone had given that to me a few years ago.

This is something that has been on my mind alot recently and have had very similar thoughts. In the past I've spent a lot of time upfront building sites content ect and if I had any steam left work on link building. Problem is that placing link building last is setting a site up for almost a certain failure. With new sites I'm launching I'm placing much more effort upfront on minimal content and lots of links, getting the site to rank / bring in traffic to see if it converts. For me this is the optimal way to build sites as you also get a flavor for the niche and how well it converts.

#17 stevejones003

stevejones003

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 38

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

^^ Liked your straight forward approach. Technically,IMO there is no white hat just pretension. Different shades of grey.
    But,depending on your business model/strategy you gotta determine how white/grey you can afford.

#18 alex jones

alex jones

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 44

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

My definition of quality link is unique content. That is the only thing that pays u back
    Linko Business Web Directory
    http://www.linkodir.com/

#19 kakaboo

kakaboo

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 97

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

LOL i always didnt get why people always claimed they build purely "white hat links", the only form of white hat is you just add content to your own site and wait for people to link to you naturally, as long as you are building any kind, any form of links yourself it is definitely not "white hat" anymore

#20 seoelite

seoelite

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 6

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

Recipe for "paralysis of analysis" - experiment and find out instead of trying to find the "best" way to do things. I spent months trying to figure out perfect link wheels, indexing timeframes, perfect link velocity, links per day and guess what, when practically applied, i learnt more then any textbook or rehashed video training could teach me. Fair enough, you gotta know how to build links, etc but you just gotta try stuff out practically as soon as possible. When I do look for "quality links", all I look at is low outbound links. But even then, why not pop your link on the blog/forum anyways... Get the idea? Btw, GOY, i am pretty new to this forum but I love your replies to this thread as they drive the point that I am trying to make right home :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users