Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

SEOmoz on Article Marketing - It's a "scam"

• Please log in to reply
    52 replies to this topic

#41 noob

noob

• Members
    • posts 199

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

I have watched that video before and I agreed with him. He already said in advance that there are Legitimate form of article Article marketing. But the most usual technique of spinning and submitting to hundreds of Article directories. Yeah that is super scam.

Ezine and many other Article directories got slammed because of that.

Ezine got slammed because the majority of their content is pure rubbish. I used to find Ezine in the serp all the time, now they are a distant memory.

#42 sitebuy

sitebuy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 11

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

I remember one writer on SEOMOZ was showing an example of some linkbait he did for his dating site. I remember thinking "Would anybody have even seen his linkbait if he hadn't put it on a Pagerank 7 seo site?"

That would be Matt Inman - and also now famously known as Oatmeal.
    I would have to say,(see link) he does linkbait and dos it well.

#43 MofoJoe

MofoJoe

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 53

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

He is absolutely right. Article marketing equals low quality, spun crap entered into low quality crap sites. My tests in the last month confirm it.

The guy is not link baiting anyone, it is a pure simple fact that article marketing adds zero value to the reader, the internet or anything else. It is just a pile of horse manure submitted to a bunch of sites that are horse manure. If you want to go and build you house on a pile of crap it is your choice.

#44 adamwestrop

adamwestrop

• Members
    • posts 773

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

He is absolutely right. Article marketing equals low quality, spun crap entered into low quality crap sites. My tests in the last month confirm it.

You needed to run a test to confirm that?!?!?!

For traditional AMR type sites you are right, but there are quality directories too
    Am I meant to sell you something here?

#45 MofoJoe

MofoJoe

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 53

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

The only quality directories are the ones that are hard to get in or you need to pay for a link, anything that anyone can submit a link to is probably crap if the only obstacle is some captcha. Please tell me if I am wrong

People should avoid people on here selling article marketing "services", do not waste your time or money and if you see "great service, delivered on time and had awesome results" it is probably his buddy bigging up his scheme.

#46 rogmerk

rogmerk

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 70

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

AMR blasts are pure spam now and have become stupid. Try installing an article database plugin in Wordpress and see how many days it takes until you receive hundreds of gibberish penis enlargement articles. AMR is done..dead.. and crap now. Too much of a good thing and I totally agree if this is what Rand is talking about.

First of all, SPAM is sending automated unsolicited email. Link building by writing articles and doing manual well though out blog comments IS NOT SPAM AT ALL.

#47 MsLilyPonds

MsLilyPonds

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 82

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

Hahahaha, I reposted this article on my facebook page the other day as a good article :)

#48 MofoJoe

MofoJoe

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 53

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

First of all, SPAM is sending automated unsolicited email. Link building by writing articles and doing manual well though out blog comments IS NOT SPAM AT ALL.

No it is not.Writing, then spinning is webspam, just as is keyword stuffing, comment spamming and the rest.

Article sites have been devalued because they are basically low quality crap with no editorial elements. Basically webspam. If you put some well thought out comment on blog then place your link, that is also arguably spam because your intent was the link in the first place, not the contribution.

#49 adamwestrop

adamwestrop

• Members
    • posts 773

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

If you put some well thought out comment on blog then place your link, that is also arguably spam because your intent was the link in the first place, not the contribution.

Seems like you spend too much time over at SeoMoz..... Lol

Seriously though, everything is technically 'greyhat' if you want to put a colour of hat on it I suppose, however the majority of 'greyhat' stuff I think would allow you to fly under the radar and have no worries if you were reported via a spam report etc...

#50 MofoJoe

MofoJoe

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 53

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

I am not passing judgement on what people do, just saying what is spam and what is not.

#51 LinkBuildingReviews

LinkBuildingReviews

• Members
    • posts 658

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

SEO Moz is bogus IMO.

This week I have been messing with their FireFox plugin that shows some "metrics" on a given site.
    I started using this after finding out link buyers were using it to assess quality.
    Its so easily gamed its ridiculous, a pathetic attempt at a "metric" if ever I saw one.
    BackBlasts.Com - Daily Scheduled Link Building Drip Feed Links The Cheapest and the Best:

100 Links Per Day - $9.99 | 200 Links Per Day - $17.99 | 500 Links Per Day - $29 | 1000 Links Per Day - $49 | 2000 Links Per Day - $69

►► Daily Schedled Link Building ★ Drip Feed ★ Advanced Features ★ From $9.99 pm! ◄◄

#52 bgmacaw

bgmacaw

• Members
    • posts 613

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

First off, they're marketing SEO services and products and marketing themselves as 'SEO gurus' for the Internet marketing trade show speaking circuit. As such, they have to tow the Google party line and get the "Google Seal of Approval" on what they say and do in order to keep this status. There are other SEO companies/consultants that work very quietly and discretely but some others find it better marketing to blow their own horn constantly and attack others for doing the same thing they're doing under the covers.

You also have to consider that they are also competition for anyone offering SEO services and, therefore, are unlikely to offer anything that's truly actionable and will tend to use misdirection and obfuscation about what's really going on and what they're actually doing. They aren't going to tell you that they're discretely buying links and creating private link networks. Instead, they'll use tall tales about the power of the Google AI "quality content" algorithms and suggest mostly useless on-site SEO tweaks.

Also, they're primarily concerned about SEO client contracts, especially with mid-sized to large corporate clients. These clients do have good reason to be cautious in their approach to SEO. After all, if you're a moderately big company, you don't want your corporate flagship site to be penalized or even deindexed or your reputation harmed due to wild and crazy SEO tactics. They market themselves into this niche quite well. Of course, it's to be expected that they don't practice the "churn and burn" strategy that most niche affiliate site marketers use. It's kind of like comparing managing an indexed mutual fund to day trading. The same basic thing is being done, buying and selling stock, but the methods, rules, risks and rewards are very different.

#53 kw11

kw11

• Members
    • posts 139

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Also, they're primarily concerned about SEO client contracts, especially with mid-sized to large corporate clients. These clients do have good reason to be cautious in their approach to SEO. After all, if you're a moderately big company, you don't want your corporate flagship site to be penalized or even deindexed or your reputation harmed due to wild and crazy SEO tactics. They market themselves into this niche quite well. Of course, it's to be expected that they don't practice the "churn and burn" strategy that most niche affiliate site marketers use. It's kind of like comparing managing an indexed mutual fund to day trading. The same basic thing is being done, buying and selling stock, but the methods, rules, risks and rewards are very different.

SEOmoz stopped doing seo consulting/client gigs almost 2yrs ago. All revenue comes from their software/tools.
    Private Network of 26 Blogs
    16XPR4, 6XPR3, 4XPR2
    Just $35/month!

SOLD-OUT, But Re-Opening Soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users