Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Stubbornly Stuck at #6

• Please log in to reply
    11 replies to this topic

#1 Reznor

Reznor

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 45

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

This is killing me. I'm ranked number one for "product name review" (moderate traffic, converts ok) and number 6 for "product name" (even though I'm #6 I get more clicks and this KW converts and gets me the bulk of sales).

So I'm shooting to get this into position #1 for "product name". I buy a high PR backlink packet and the google dance begins. I think I'm in and patiently wait my 2-3 weeks. Then it comes back to....drum roll please...#6.

I then get a BMR account, blast articles away and it drops to 9....and drum roll please...back to #6.

I'm stuck here - I think the one kind of backlink I'm missing is social bookmarks so I might try out the Link Juicer or OnlyWire.

Thoughts?

#2 Reznor

Reznor

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 45

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:23 AM

BTW - here are some funny (and frustrating stats) around keywords 5,6,7 from traffic travis:

#4 - PR0, Age 1, BL 15, BLS 1024, TBL 0 - excellent on page SEO <-- this drives me nuts - why is this guy #4??
    #5 - PR4, Age 10, BL 1025, BLS 1145, TBL 0 - poor on page SEO
    #6 - PR3, Age 0, BL 2018, BLS 3,420, TBL 15 - excellent on page SEO
    #7 - PR0, Age 0, BL 28, BLS25, TBL 0 - average on page SEO - site has no content

#4 & #7 have very spammy blog links no high PR backlinks.

This has been like this for a long time, I consitently build links and always #6.

#3 moserw

moserw

• Members
    • posts 124

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

Add more content and internally link the new posts to the post that you are trying to rank for. Then build linkwheels/linkhubs, etc. to the new posts.

Sometimes a site is stuck because Google believes that is all the site has to offer and throwing tons of backlinks does not always help... or the ROI is going to be less i.e. lots of links to gain a little bit of ranking.

Instead of buying links... spend that money on some good content and grow out your site.

#4 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

• Members
    • posts 919

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Well put, look to your onpage stuff. Add more content,graphics,vids,pages. Get different kind of links than you've been getting, I would start grabbing more social network 'open linkwheel' type of links and any other contextual type links you can find.

I feel your pain believe me, as I have a few sites that have done that. IE blasted, then bounced around then landed in EXACTLY the same spot as prebounce...multiple times. I did the above recommendations and finally I'm getting movement again which is very satisfying.

Add more content and internally link the new posts to the post that you are trying to rank for. Then build linkwheels/linkhubs, etc. to the new posts.

Sometimes a site is stuck because Google believes that is all the site has to offer and throwing tons of backlinks does not always help... or the ROI is going to be less i.e. lots of links to gain a little bit of ranking.

Instead of buying links... spend that money on some good content and grow out your site.

New Rich Juggernaut*

*a massive inexorable force, campaign, movement, or object that crushes whatever is in its path

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
    ----
    Testing effects of sig surge on post nasal drip and buy neopoints keywords

#5 jordanb27

jordanb27

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 89

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

I would analyze your competitors above you and see what they are doing. Then to a certain degree you can mimic their strategy except for do it better and you will get above them. More times than not it comes down to backlinks.

#6 Reznor

Reznor

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 45

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

@jordanb27 - that is what I have been doing and I was stubbornly stuck there with more backlinks (and higher PR backlinks, good link diverstiy etc.) than my competition. The only advantage that some of them had is their overall sites had more authority (more backlinks to the domain).

Just as an update I'm now at #3 and will be (at this rate) ranking #1 very soon.

Here is what I have done:

1) Add more content to the site and backlink those sites. # of links for my domain is growing.
    2) Link back to my main keyword so there is more interlinking on my site.
    3) Submit 10 articles a day to Build My Rank for this domain

5 days I was bumped up to #4 and last night I made it to #3. Traffic is picking up!

#7 WillJR

WillJR

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 42

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Sorry I made this post premature after reading your update. I am glad adding more content is working. I just wanted to toot moserw's horn, here is the post anyway

I would take moserw's advice he is an excellent seo. I totally agree with him on this one. I've had sites stuck.

Take a look at the size of your competitors site by googling their domain with "site:www.domain.com"
    If you have a 10 page site on for example rocking chairs and the number one guy has a 100 page sites on rocking chairs then well who do you think google is going to recommend?

Make sure to inner link your new post to your money page(page that you want to rank)

Edited by WillJR, 29 August 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#8 craftcli

craftcli

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 13

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

I have found my self stuck mid way up p1 on the big G multiple times.

I use software for all of my backlinking strategies except from some manual high PR or .edu/.gov links. I find that I can rank extremely quickly to start with but then I find when I have posted on all of the domains available multiple times my progress slows down some what.

When I first experienced this I was ultra frustrated there seemed to be nothing I could do do move my site.

Then I started playing with linking to my backlinks and making link wheel pointing to some of my backlinks and my money site making everything stronger.

I found this to work wonders for me increasing both my PR and then my rank in the SERPS.

Good to hear you are making progress with this :cool:

#9 Reznor

Reznor

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 45

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:43 AM

Yeah, fell back to #6 again.

Bleah.

#10 fleg5tar

fleg5tar

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 6

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

I have experienced this as well, I have disappeared at the moment from page 1 for a number of keywords. So frustrating, I am not even in the top 100 at the moment. Is this all part of the google dance? and I will start to do more on page linking? What else can I do but this and wait? any more ideas please?
    Thought I would just put up these links to show some stuff I have been working on:
    Weber Performer Charcoal Grill
    Weber Q320 Review
    Weber Ranch Kettle Grill

#11 hardindex

hardindex

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 73

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

create 10 high pr backlinks per day. I am 100% sure your rankings will improve with in 7 days.

#12 BrentR

BrentR

• Members
    • posts 115

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

Seen this happen.. frustrating as all hell. The worst is when the manufacturer (brand) has top placement, or there are several brands that have the same name. It's like trying to get a elephant to move off of your foot.

rel="Punctual"

--

You have NO IDEA what is in store..:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users