Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Anyone Using Websiteserviceplus Tier6 VPS Plan for Scrapebox?

• Please log in to reply
    8 replies to this topic

#1 zin

zin

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 29

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hey everyone,

I am using the VPS service provided by Websiteserviceplus for Scrapebox. I opted for the tier 6 plan just to test the waters and I plan to upgrade soon.

I have been messing around with the different settings in Scrapebox trying to find out what the most efficient setup is. I ended up finding that the default setup i.e. 50 connections and 30 sec timeout is the one that works best for me when using the fast poster.

I wonder if any of you were able to get satisfactory results using 100 connections with the fast poster.

I read this thread on BHW and implemented the settings recommended in it but did not get any significant improvement although some other people were able to double their connections using it without affecting their success rate:

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/black-hat-seo/316358-howto-optimize-your-network-scrapebox.html

Any help will be appreciated!

Edited by zin, 22 July 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#2 JSProjects

JSProjects

• Members
    • posts 977

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Thought I'd reply even though the post is about a week old. (Noticed you didn't get any.)

I actually use 20 connections with a 90 second timeout with the fast poster. If you're working with a huge list and want to get through it quickly, then sure, 50 or more is fine. But you'll see a higher success rate with 20. Also, avoid public proxies if you can. (Unless you don't mind running through the fast poster multiple times.)

I'm on the same tier as you and it's been more than enough, though I'm not running a handful of instances at once on the same VPS.
    CLICK HERE For 172,761 DoFollow Blog Post URL's From 2,235 Unique Blogs

PR6: 2 / PR5: 17 / PR4: 213 / PR3: 1,426 / PR2: 4,663 / PR1: 9,500

16 Packs Sold, 4 Remaining. Enter "BF" for 10% off.

#3 zin

zin

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 29

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for your reply!

I have been experimenting all the time and playing around with the connections and timeout settings for the fast poster. However, in all my experiments, I have never used less than 50 connections. I am sure it would have increased my success if I did but it just takes toooo much time.

I am following the quantity-over-quality approach.

Today, I blasted my site to a list of 50k which are all autoapprove sites that I tested myself. I used 50 connections and 90sec timeout. I got a success rate of 60%. I also found that the success rate is only slightly lower when I set the timeout to 30 instead of 90 i.e around 54% success.

So, I think I gonna stick with the 50 connections - 30 sec timeout settings. Whether this is more efficient or not is doubtful coz one may argue that it may take just the same amount of time to blast a 50k aa list and get 26k posted OR blast a 27k list using lower connections and higher timeout to get 26k posted.

Edited by zin, 26 July 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#4 JSProjects

JSProjects

• Members
    • posts 977

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

50k blogs would definitely take a LOT of time at 20 connections. At most I'll load up a few thousand, so 20 connections isn't that bad.

#5 dotclick

dotclick

• Members
    • posts 333

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

What about using Scrapebox from my home network.. Is it really important to have a VPS server to run Scrape box ?

If going with VPS we should go for windows VPS , right ?

#6 JSProjects

JSProjects

• Members
    • posts 977

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

What about using Scrapebox from my home network.. Is it really important to have a VPS server to run Scrape box ?

If going with VPS we should go for windows VPS , right ?

Definitely Windows. A VPS isn't required, but it's incredibly convenient. If you're planning on running a single instance of Scrapebox then the tier 6 plan should be more than enough.

With a VPS you can access Scrapebox from any location at any time. (Without slowing down your own connection or running into caps - if your ISP has them.) That's worth the cost IMO.

#7 Mellinge

Mellinge

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 77

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Thought I'd reply even though the post is about a week old. (Noticed you didn't get any.)

I actually use 20 connections with a 90 second timeout with the fast poster. If you're working with a huge list and want to get through it quickly, then sure, 50 or more is fine. But you'll see a higher success rate with 20. Also, avoid public proxies if you can. (Unless you don't mind running through the fast poster multiple times.)

I'm on the same tier as you and it's been more than enough, though I'm not running a handful of instances at once on the same VPS.

Thanks for this JSProjects!! Been posting using fast poster for a few weeks and getting poor success rates. Only working 1 site at the moment so not too important but soon to be working on 3 then more so needed better success. Just run this on 26k records and from previously hitting about 15% with the default settings now just posted 14k of the 26k, over 50%

Had to search for this post to give the deserved thanks;)

Edited by Mellinge, 28 July 2011 - 12:36 PM.
    submitted prematurely!!

#8 JSProjects

JSProjects

• Members
    • posts 977

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for this JSProjects!! Been posting using fast poster for a few weeks and getting poor success rates. Only working 1 site at the moment so not too important but soon to be working on 3 then more so needed better success. Just run this on 26k records and from previously hitting about 15% with the default settings now just posted 14k of the 26k, over 50%

Had to search for this post to give the deserved thanks;)

No prob. :) You'll see an even higher success rate if you avoid public proxies.

#9 life.is.good

life.is.good

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 13

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

I have VPS with other providers, but always on the look out for alternatives, as its never a good idea to have all the eggs in one basket.

Unfortunately, websiteserviceplus disappointed me, the downtime is too much, and their VPS keep failing. Granted I'm on tier 6, cheapest plan, but with the VPS down for a few days every week, I won't hesitate to pay higher prices with other providers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users