Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Important:: Major new BFSO Bumping Mod coming July 1st

• Please log in to reply
    54 replies to this topic

#41 n00b1

n00b1

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 48

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Sorry Tom, you can sugar coat it any way you like but the user experience has suffered. It is a lot less convenient and does take longer to have to check each individual line for the section posted in and then check the post titles.

I can bet I am not the only one who prefers the forum to list things chronologically based on last post date - that is, after all, how forums are supposed to work.

#42 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

Sorry Tom, you can sugar coat it any way you like but the user experience has suffered. It is a lot less convenient and does take longer to have to check each individual line for the section posted in and then check the post titles. I can bet I am not the only one who prefers the forum to list things chronologically based on last post date - that is, after all, how forums are supposed to work.

Its not sugar coating at all. Just stating a fact that it doesn't take any time at all.

That is just not a workable solution in a classified section with a significant number of advertisers. As others have already commented, advertisers will do anything and everything in their power to either post themselves to the thread, or encourage (or some cases, pretty much force) their purchasers to post on their threads for the mere purpose of bumping up the thread to the top. Then, you have other BFSO advertisers doing the same thing in order to compete. That can not be tolerated, and unfortunately, cannot be manually policed effectively and efficiently.

Edited by Tom Goodwin, 03 July 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#43 n00b1

n00b1

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 48

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Tom, I understand why you have done what you have done. There is nothing more annoying than forums where people bump their sales threads endlessly to get some attention and I know it is inefficient and chaotic. I just wish there was some way to list the threads that had been 'bumped' and then the threads that have been recently posted in a specific section, all in a nice continuous list.

The way things are in the main forum section now is just a little polluted. I know that an alternative system to seperate bumps and new posts would take some kind of odd re-programming and is a little obscure but at least some way to sort the list how it was before would be nice. This is how pretty much every other forum in this niche (and any niche for that matter) list things (chronologically). If you try to sort by 'Last Post By' it just reverses the order of the list for example - would be nice if there was a seperate column for last post and last bump but I have no idea how that would work in reality.

#44 eskaywho

eskaywho

• Members
    • posts 192

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

^ I agree.

Tom, as an avid customer on these boards, it is difficult to tell which deals have been bumped and which haven't. Please make the distinction more evident for customer protection, if anything.

In other words, this change is BF's Panda update and the customers lose.

#45 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

There really isn't a distinction to make. Going forward, every thread will be classified as a "bump", either as a very brand new thread or as a paid (or for the month of July, free) bump. Right now, 30 threads are bumped (either new, free or paid). If a thread doesn't get bumped in any way it will wind up in oblivion at some point. I would guesstimate that within 10 days, every thread on page 1 will be a bumped thread, and you can extrapolate there to the other pages.

Replies to non-bumped threads will never bump those threads above bumped threads. So, the sphere of "bumped" will grow ever larger, and the sphere of "non-bumped" will grow ever smaller, until it ceases to exist.

^ I agree.

Tom, as an avid customer on these boards, it is difficult to tell which deals have been bumped and which haven't. Please make the distinction more evident for customer protection, if anything.

In other words, this change is BF's Panda update and the customers lose.

Edited by Tom Goodwin, 05 July 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#46 dr812

dr812

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 56

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

Bring back the old one..srs.. It was much much better to see what's new.

#47 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

i-trader has been added for the BFSO section. To rate a Seller, the "rate" button is at the bottom left of the 1st post in every thread in this subforum. At the bottom of each person's mini-profile it will say "Feedback Score", and you can click on the number next to it to go to ther person's itrader profile here at BF.

The main itraderpage here is: http://backlinksforu...trader_main.php

I will be posting detailed instructions in the upcoming days for those not familiar with it, but for a crash course, see DP's instruction :) iTrader 101 - Part I

#48 abdullah2k

abdullah2k

• Members
    • posts 197

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I am using it on bhw,WF etc and I love itrader system :)

#49 WinsonYeung

WinsonYeung

• Members
    • posts 252

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

Hi Tom,

What happened to the old BFSO which I have created in the past? Seem that my BFSO get deleted completely?

http://backlinksforu...s-just-$67.html

Please advise

#50 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hey Winson,

I just checked and that thread hasn't been active since January 24th. So that we don't have pages and pages of offersthat are outdated and no longer active, we moved those threads that haen't been active for a long time to a hibernation status where the thread is still saved but not visible to anyone but mods.

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

What happened to the old BFSO which I have created in the past? Seem that my BFSO get deleted completely?

http://backlinksforu...s-just-$67.html

Please advise

#51 seogenerals

seogenerals

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 79

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Hi Tom,

I just paid $7 and replied under my own thread at http://backlinksforu...ng-service.html but it was not bumped.

#52 jhonvanix

jhonvanix

• Members
    • posts 227

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

hi tom?

how to open new thread again?

hope to here you soon.
    The Link Assassins - Offering 50 % OFF grab it now!!!!!

#53 ndash87

ndash87

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 7

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Any statistics on the number of new threads posted in BFSO's per day? How about number of active BFSO's at a given time?

#54 seo_wan

seo_wan

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 3

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hi,
    I have been trying to open a new thread for one month,Please let me know how can i open a new thread,i have followed all the steps and when i sent an email to admin,after that i don't get any reply.

#55 tutughosh

tutughosh

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 30

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

I check that Terry is no Longer Associate with this Forum... So where We can to Contact to start our New Thread and the Payment Details....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users