Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Important:: Major new BFSO Bumping Mod coming July 1st

• Please log in to reply
    54 replies to this topic

#21 kw11

kw11

• Members
    • posts 139

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

Heck, I even saw some threads where 'customers' were posting daily updates of their keyword movement...

Yes, I can't believe why that was allowed and how blatant it was.

Oh, and +1 for the iTrader rating system. It really cuts the crap out over at the BST section at Wickedfire.com forum. They don't even have a paid section as the mods just ban the repeat offenders.

Edited by kw11, 01 July 2011 - 01:45 AM.

Private Network of 26 Blogs
    16XPR4, 6XPR3, 4XPR2
    Just $35/month!

SOLD-OUT, But Re-Opening Soon!

#22 Gusto

Gusto

• Members
    • posts 173

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

iTrader requests: http://backlinksforu...on-itrader.html

I will find a domain name with guaranteed traffic on your niche for $5
    I will find a domain name with at least 10k exact searches on your niche for $5
    I will find a domain name worth at least $500 (Estibot) for $5

I am lidador on fiverr

#23 blog8491

blog8491

• Members
    • posts 378

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

It's better to give a refund for all thread owners who paid in last few days. It's not nice to collect money next month, if you introduce a new policy.

#24 kw11

kw11

• Members
    • posts 139

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:38 AM

Yeah, agreed. I just paid my monthly fee a few days ago, so it makes sense to receive either a partial refund or a few free bumps.

Yes, what about people like us who recently were charged the $27 fee?

I believe we should be prorated or at least given some credit for some free bumps.
    Private Network of 26 Blogs
    16XPR4, 6XPR3, 4XPR2
    Just $35/month!

SOLD-OUT, But Re-Opening Soon!

#25 Pat Jackson

Pat Jackson

Super Moderator

• Members
    • posts 1,022

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

So does this mean anytime another forum user posts on your BFSO thread, it will cost $7?

No, not at all.

It will work the same way the Warrior Forum WSO section works.

Posting in a thread will not bump it to the top anymore. Paying $7 will.

--> Want An Article Submitted Across 10 Networks + Bonus Indexing? <--

=> How To Build Your Own High PR Network

How I Got A 64% Index Rate In Only A Couple Of Days..

#26 SEO-EXPERT

SEO-EXPERT

• Members
    • posts 323

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

No, not at all.

That means this is the other way to earn or to get money as a fee from advertisers here.. Monthly subscription was the best method because for every bump only few advertisers would like to pay $7 for per bump. Admins should do something which is beneficial for all advertisers here and this decision should be taken after getting response from all of us by some voting kind of thing. Because I am pretty sure it will effect the repo of BFSO section. Anyways, these are just my views let's see what comes next...Thanks

Edited by SEO-EXPERT, 01 July 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#27 gittar1122

gittar1122

• Members
    • posts 118

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

I am about to launch my blog commenting services, so from above discussion what I understand, I have to pay $27 for launching my services and secondly $7 per bump, sound similar to warrior.
    Use Coupon BLF10 to get 10% Discount

Check here -> High PR DoFollow Blog Commenting at Discounted Price

#28 blog8491

blog8491

• Members
    • posts 378

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

No, not at all.

Why don't you answer for recent payments in last few days?????

#29 M.C. Histemine

M.C. Histemine

• Members
    • posts 127

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

I only purchase BFSO's, I've purchased 1 thing from the warrior forum, and I don't have any intention of selling them. For me this issue is one of usability. I've benefited from the aforementioned bonus for posting. If you check my posts I've actually posted twice for one service. The first post was to get my bonus. The second was purely because of the quality of the service. When researching BFSO's I ignore all posts that are just trans ID's and people stating how great the customer service is. With backlinks the proof is in the pudding. A post 2 days after receiving your links is useless. But a BFSO is offering a bonus for posting is useful. It means I don't go to warrior forum or wicked fire to check their offers out. "I can get bonuses at the backlinks forum". By implementing this will you cost your members their bonuses? If I were more cynical I could say that you wanted to keep the bonuses for yourselves.

You should look into better ways of identifying the best BFSO's, not just let people pay to get to the top. Selling the top positions is the quickest way to cash in on this excellent forum. I'd suggest that it's also the quickest way to reduce the quality of the BFSO section. Under the new system the offers that are "bumped" will have absolutely nothing to do with their quality. At least with the current system there is a better chance that those at the top are there because of positive comments.

Finally, thread bumping is simple optimisation isn't it? There is, therefore, a rich irony in this. A forum dedicated to optimisation trying to stop people optimising inside the forum. A very simple optimisation algo for the BFSOs board could help. The one factor that is difficult to fake is the number of senior members that have posted in the thread. If the senior members (100+ posts 10+ thanked) like the BFSO it gets a bump. If it's just a post from a newbie it stays were it is. Though this could be open to bribery but that would make being a good member worth even more. - funnily this reads a bit like the Google +1 system. It must be what they're trying to achieve.

Thanks,
    Paddy

#30 Pat Jackson

Pat Jackson

Super Moderator

• Members
    • posts 1,022

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Because I don't know what will happen there.

You'd have to ask Tom or Terry.

--> Want An Article Submitted Across 10 Networks + Bonus Indexing? <--

=> How To Build Your Own High PR Network

How I Got A 64% Index Rate In Only A Couple Of Days..

#31 TheLad

TheLad

• Members
    • posts 211

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

I didn't think it was that big of a problem, I-trader is way more important. I think this is more of a money maker than anything else because you'll make more off those who sell more instead of getting flat payments and then people can abuse the system with bumps and you get nothing.

Hopefully this improves the site. I'm one of those people that updates my kw movement when I get a review copy, but I've never been asked to do this directly or offered a bonus of some sort. I think that's part of a good review. Some of you might notice as this continues when the bump mod comes that not everyone is out to help people game the system. If I have an order that does way better than I thought, I will give great feedback. I-trader would stop that because I could just give feedback without a bump.

This is especially important in HPBL networks, because if I don't see senior members post they saw gains, I don't order. So don't go thinking there is a system to bump all the time. I've only had one member ever ask me to bump his thread out of the thousands I've spent with vendors from this site.

#32 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Relax people. Terry and I have been discussing things and wanted to get everything settled before posting a fix.

See: http://backlinksforu...ne-10-30-a.html

#33 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

For information on paid bumping, see: http://backlinksforu...-your-bfso.html

For information on free bumps to those who paid between June 10th to 30th, see: http://backlinksforu...ne-10-30-a.html

#34 Mike Burngasser

Mike Burngasser

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 79

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

I agree with this move to a paid bumping system.

Like most of the members here, I also understand that it will drive prices up for having a BFSO listed. This will be beneficial to Tom and Terry, and most BFSO advertisers will end up either A) Paying More or B) Losing Sales.

A bumping system is a move to a "free market economy" here on Backlinks Forum. Just like Warrior Forum, the highest profit BFSO's will be at the top more often than the lower profit ones.

This will most likely benefit the forum as a whole, since the providers doing the most work on their product (and making the most money from it) will be more likely to bump it again and again.

And don't say DP and WF are shit forums. They're great forums. The owners just understand the economics of making money...

#35 thrall

thrall

• Members
    • posts 170

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

Yeah everyone was scamming the system. Can't tell you how many backlink providers told me it was "required" to post a reply to their thread saying I purchased the service. That's pathetic. I'm much more likely to do so without being told to do something.

On the other hand now people can bury their thread and it will never see the light of day without payment.

"And don't say DP and WF are shit forums"

They are.

Edited by thrall, 03 July 2011 - 12:53 AM.

#36 n00b1

n00b1

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 48

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

As a regular reader of these forums, but one who doesn't post offers, I think this 'mod' has affected usability in a very bad way. I like to scour the forums for the most recent threads so I can catch up on any new offers I haven't seen yet. This used to be very simple because everything was posted chronologically.

Now everything is all over the place and it's frankly annoying. There is no way to sort things chronologically (if you sort by last post it just runs the default 'who bumped most recently' behaviour) and I miss out on new offers because of this. End up reading things I've already read a million times and often leave the forums frustrated - not a good move.

#37 dr812

dr812

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 56

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

as a regular reader of these forums, but one who doesn't post offers, i think this 'mod' has affected usability in a very bad way. I like to scour the forums for the most recent threads so i can catch up on any new offers i haven't seen yet. This used to be very simple because everything was posted chronologically.

Now everything is all over the place and it's frankly annoying. There is no way to sort things chronologically (if you sort by last post it just runs the default 'who bumped most recently' behaviour) and i miss out on new offers because of this. End up reading things i've already read a million times and often leave the forums frustrated - not a good move.

exactly!!!

#38 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Do you ever use the "New Posts" feature at the upper left of the forum?

See: http://backlinksforu...searchid=484390

Now everything is all over the place and it's frankly annoying. There is no way to sort things chronologically

#39 n00b1

n00b1

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 48

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

No because that shows new posts across all sections, not just the specific section I'm interested in.

#40 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

No because that shows new posts across all sections, not just the specific section I'm interested in.

It takes a millisecond to see which new posts are in the BFSO forum, for instance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users