Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Important:: Major new BFSO Bumping Mod coming July 1st

• Please log in to reply
    54 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hello everyone. We are launching a new bumping mod in a couple of days. I will be posting full detailed instructions on how it all works tonight, but in the meantime, I wanted to post the email that I am having Anna send out to current BFSO advertisers.

Dear BFSO Advertiser,

We are implementing some important changes to our BFSO sub-forum, effective as of July 1st, 2011.

As our forum has continued to expand (to now over 10,000 members), our BFSO sub-forum has continued to expand, both in terms of traffic and number of advertisers. One thing that we have quietly been working on is a better bumping system for the BFSO sub-forum. As it currently stands, the thread which has the most recent post is listed first, and so down the list. Even with the best guidelines for bumping, this encourages excessive thread bumping and backdoor deals that encourage customers and others to post on threads merely to get more exposure by being at the top of the forum. Unfortunately, this is just too difficult to manually police in an efficient manner.

There was a paid bumping script that was available for VBulletin 3.x.x versions, but unfortunately, no such script had been written that would work for VBulletin 4.x.x. Therefore, we have custom-built a custom bumping script specifically for our forum.

Previously, we have worked under the model of a $27 recurring monthly payment for our classifieds section. Now, starting on July 1st, 2011, it will be a one-time (non-recurring) $27 payment for all new BFSOs, with $7 per “bump”. For all existing BFSO advertisers, we will be canceling your BFSO monthly subscription on June 30th, so you will no longer be billed monthly to run the BFSO. As with new BFSOs, there will be $7 per bump.

In order to prevent any one member from monopolizing the bumping, the bumping mod will prevent any member from doing a paid bump more often then once every 48 hours.

We will be putting out detailed instructions on how the bumping and bumping payments will work as a new sticky post at the top of the BFSO section later today.

Thank you very much.

Terry Kyle, Tom Goodwin and the rest of the BacklinksForum.com crew

#2 penpal6

penpal6

• Members
    • posts 365

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

Hope this will not affect the sales :|

#3 Gusto

Gusto

• Members
    • posts 173

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

Thanks Tom. BTW, it would be cool a way to see all new threads only (Like the new posts link on top)

https://www.vbulleti...h-all-New-Posts)

Also itrader ratings on the forum default theme.

Edited by Gusto, 30 June 2011 - 02:03 AM.

I will find a domain name with guaranteed traffic on your niche for $5
    I will find a domain name with at least 10k exact searches on your niche for $5
    I will find a domain name worth at least $500 (Estibot) for $5

I am lidador on fiverr

#4 blog8491

blog8491

• Members
    • posts 378

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

But in yesterday I had to pay for July. So i have to pay again another $7 to bump my thread after few days???????

#5 masteroflinks

masteroflinks

• Members
    • posts 356

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

Itrader ratings is really needed to differentiate the seniority of the member.Is it possible to install that one too.

#6 wsaus

wsaus

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 80

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

I somewhat like the idea; but I wonder who counts as "New BFSOs" - is it only anyone who posts a BFSO from today?

#7 masteroflinks

masteroflinks

• Members
    • posts 356

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

I somewhat like the idea; but I wonder who counts as "New BFSOs" - is it only anyone who posts a BFSO from today?

For this problem.It is good idea to give each sellers who have the thread running currently have one free bump.Problem solved

#8 ryanjm

ryanjm

• Members
    • posts 548

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

^agreed. That would be a good compromise for those that just paid their $27 renewal for the month or did so a week ago, etc...

#9 brandonbaker

brandonbaker

• Members
    • posts 327

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, agreed. I just paid my monthly fee a few days ago, so it makes sense to receive either a partial refund or a few free bumps.

100 Homepage Backlinks
    Unlimited URLs, Unlimited Keywords, 100% Unique Content
    NOW OPEN

#10 Jasicawoman

Jasicawoman

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 61

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

The thing should be change, Itrader rating is really needed. I think you shouldn't on the bumping Mod, Don't make your forum shit Like WF or DP. We are willing to pay monthly fees instead of bumping fees:)

#11 jhonvanix

jhonvanix

• Members
    • posts 227

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

But in yesterday I had to pay for July. So i have to pay again another $7 to bump my thread after few days???????

Yes I was also billed recurring payments just today June 30th they stated " For all existing BFSO advertisers, we will be canceling your BFSO monthly subscription on June 30th, so you will no longer be billed monthly to run the BFSO"

Is there any action about this????
    The Link Assassins - Offering 50 % OFF grab it now!!!!!

#12 Pat Jackson

Pat Jackson

Super Moderator

• Members
    • posts 1,022

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

The thing should be change, Itrader rating is really needed. I think you shouldn't on the bumping Mod, Don't make your forum shit Like WF or DP. We are willing to pay monthly fees instead of bumping fees:)

The bumping mod needs to happen, anyway.

There are plenty of people who bump their threads aimlessly to get it back to the top.

--> Want An Article Submitted Across 10 Networks + Bonus Indexing? <--

=> How To Build Your Own High PR Network

How I Got A 64% Index Rate In Only A Couple Of Days..

#13 JVall

JVall

• Members
    • posts 393

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

I can understand both sides really, and the need for some sort of bumping mod, however when users have good legitimate questions and points to be made on a particular BFSO for the benefit of other users who may be interested, the automatic bumping for the most recent post was great. It just allowed for better tracking of that service instead of now scrolling through all of them to find those...or subscribing to those in order to get updates on any posts made.

The way I look at it now is you will still pay around $28/month...which gives you 1 bump per week. Pick a day of the week where the number of online users is generally the greatest.

#14 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

I can understand both sides really, and the need for some sort of bumping mod, however when users have good legitimate questions and points to be made on a particular BFSO for the benefit of other users who may be interested, the automatic bumping for the most recent post was great. It just allowed for better tracking of that service instead of now scrolling through all of them to find those...or subscribing to those in order to get updates on any posts made.

The way I look at it now is you will still pay around $28/month...which gives you 1 bump per week. Pick a day of the week where the number of online users is generally the greatest.

As Pat said, unfortunately some sort of bump system is absolutely necessary. We are getting things where sellers are asking their customers to reply to their thread with their order info, and then they get a "bonus." Whenever you have a system where the most recent thread gets bumped up to the top, you will get people abusing the system. There is absolutely no way around that.

By having a paid bump system, it should result in better BFSOs getting more publicity (as they make more money for the seller) versus those that are a "bust." When you have free classifieds, for instance, you will get tons of absolute crap posted because it doesn't cost anything to post. But, but even putting up a minimal cost threshold you will weed out much of the crap.

For this problem.It is good idea to give each sellers who have the thread running currently have one free bump.Problem solved

^agreed. That would be a good compromise for those that just paid their $27 renewal for the month or did so a week ago, etc...

"New" would be newly posted BFSOs. Terry and I are chatting later today and we'll discuss the rest.

Cheers,
    Tom

#15 SEO-EXPERT

SEO-EXPERT

• Members
    • posts 323

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

I do agree with Jaisca... We really don't want to see this forum like DP or other shit forums. Everything was going smoothly here and just thinking why suddenly admin going to take such changes. Surely it will effect so many things + sales of many good sellers..

#16 Guest_Tom Goodwin_*

Guest_Tom Goodwin_*
    • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Everything was going smoothly here and just thinking why suddenly admin going to take such changes.

The problem was, that wasn't the case. You had many people monopolizing the bumping system, and then the only way for others to compete is to bump up their threads as well. It was an arms race. That system cannot work when there are this many advertisers, period.

Whenever there is a financial incentive to be at the top of the forum, and no cost associated with being there, you get mayhem and a flawed system. Simply economics really.

Edited by Tom Goodwin, 30 June 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#17 SEO-EXPERT

SEO-EXPERT

• Members
    • posts 323

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

The problem was, that wasn't the case. You had many people monopolizing the bumping system, and then the only way for others to compete is to bump up their threads as well. It was an arms race. That system cannot work when there are this many advertisers, period.

Whenever there is a financial incentive to be at the top of the forum, and no cost associated with being there, you get mayhem and a flawed system. Simply economics really.

I think for now we all really can't comment which system/plan will be better. Let's see how it goes after the update. Many things will be clear only after the update of new BFSO rules etc...Let's hope for the better things as we really don't want to see this forum as a shit place like other some shit forums. But still if new BFSO rule/plan doesn't work then we hope admin/team of this forum will take further steps for the good and better quality of forum.Thanks

#18 Aceofspades

Aceofspades

• Members
    • posts 181

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

As some of you said it really is not an issue right now, but props given for recognizing the issue that WILL be a problem as the forum keeps growing, and solving it now.

#19 ryanjm

ryanjm

• Members
    • posts 548

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

^^There is no question a bumping system was needed. It's not even a debate. The first thought into my head when I paid for a BFSO ad was how huge the incentive was to take any excuse to bump my thread, let alone some of the shadier methods already mentioned here. Heck, I even saw some threads where 'customers' were posting daily updates of their keyword movement...

The only question is how to transition over smoothly to the new system.

#20 mojo1017

mojo1017

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 85

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

So does this mean anytime another forum user posts on your BFSO thread, it will cost $7?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users