Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

2 newbie questions

• Please log in to reply
    14 replies to this topic

#1 idevelop

idevelop

• Members
    • posts 277

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:16 AM

Hi, I have bought many backlinks from many of you here and on WF over the last year and have really seen my sites rise up the ranks.

A couple of questions to you guys if I may.

1/ Does it matter if you post on the forum you backlink to or not? I see Angela and Paul say dont worry about posting, just join and add your sig and leave it at that, but Steve Heron suggest in his packets to post on the site.

2/ If I am backlinking for a web site that is under construction (not finished including page title, meta description etc) will that effect my links Ive been working on?
    i.e. If Im building a "chocolate" site that is far from finished and Im going after the keyword "chocolate" in my backlinking, but have done no on site SEO including a page title or a url to rank for, will google still count the link?

Thanks in advance.
    idevelop
    :)

#2 decemberblush

decemberblush

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 25

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:22 AM

For number one question:
    Forums are not made for link droppers. Still it would be better to join discussion and this helps in you backlink count and your site getting indexed.

For number two question:
    You may one to read about link juice.

#3 Terry Kyle

Terry Kyle

• Moderators
    • posts 736

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

Hi, I have bought many backlinks from many of you here and on WF over the last year and have really seen my sites rise up the ranks.

A couple of questions to you guys if I may.

1/ Does it matter if you post on the forum you backlink to or not? I see Angela and Paul say dont worry about posting, just join and add your sig and leave it at that, but Steve Heron suggest in his packets to post on the site.

2/ If I am backlinking for a web site that is under construction (not finished including page title, meta description etc) will that effect my links Ive been working on?
    i.e. If Im building a "chocolate" site that is far from finished and Im going after the keyword "chocolate" in my backlinking, but have done no on site SEO including a page title or a url to rank for, will google still count the link?

Thanks in advance.
    idevelop
    :)

Hi i,

(1) Steve has a lot of forums in his packets which do not have publicly viewable profiles (that's not a criticism by the way, that's how Steve rolls) therefore posting is necessary where a signature link can be found and rewarded by Google. If you are using the packets of Angela, PJ or Tom and me, posting shouldn't be necessary as the forums discussed do have publicly viewable profiles i.e. not hidden behind a password so that a non-member (and spider) gets this screen when trying to access a member's profile:

Posted Image

(2) I have had pages under construction starting to rank without any content solely based on backlinks and the specific Anchor Text used on those. However, to have everything working for you, you should get the page optimised - even without that much actual content - to increase the appearance of relevance.

On-page tactics are well covered here:

http://backlinksforu...ages-For-Google

#4 idevelop

idevelop

• Members
    • posts 277

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:51 AM

Thanks Terry! Perfectly explained.. I get it now!!

#5 alexrabe

alexrabe

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 7

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

terry helped us lot to understand us this.

#6 juminosy

juminosy

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 1

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:32 AM

IMO, as much as backlinks are important for seo rankings, it is hard to rank for any term whatsoever if your site does not contain enough content related to that term (even garbage plr content is better than no content at all)

Chunnimal Baskarcragm

Edited by juminosy, 09 April 2011 - 04:54 AM.

Jumman

#7 nicbos

nicbos

• Members
    • posts 639

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

Thanks Terry! (as always) :)
    Hoodia Gordonii | Whitening Products | NBWeb.it
    20 x HP Links Network - Currently Open and 100% Indexed - Join Now ->

#8 hutsell6

hutsell6

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 75

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yes..Keep anchor in sig and that would work best..

#9 jordanb27

jordanb27

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 89

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

I have never been a fan of profile links or the angela and paul method. They are not good for seo as they are usually on unrelated forums and have no good surrounding content or anything. They are basically just spam links in my opinion.

If you build links before the site is up, it will not hurt you. Your links will continue to get indexed even after the new site is up. The pages your links are on will get re crawled just like your website.
    Website Marketing - Targeted Traffic - Link Building - Email Marketing - Guaranteed Signups and more!
    Buy Facebook Fans | Buy Twitter Followers | Buy YouTube Views | Buy Google +1s

#10 bravoman1

bravoman1

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 29

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

I have never been a fan of profile links or the angela and paul method. They are not good for seo as they are usually on unrelated forums and have no good surrounding content or anything. They are basically just spam links in my opinion.

If you build links before the site is up, it will not hurt you. Your links will continue to get indexed even after the new site is up. The pages your links are on will get re crawled just like your website.

I would always recommend to slowly build links even before your site is up so the bots will crawl the site.

#11 romanzick

romanzick

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 1

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

nice thread. i also have the same problem

#12 hardindex

hardindex

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 73

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

forum backlinks are now losing value. However try to build 50-100 forum backlinks on the authorative domains (high age, pr )

#13 BrentR

BrentR

• Members
    • posts 115

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

forum backlinks are now losing value. However try to build 50-100 forum backlinks on the authorative domains (high age, pr )

Proof? People have been saying that about blog comment links for years..

rel="Punctual"

--

You have NO IDEA what is in store..:cool:

#14 bravoman1

bravoman1

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 29

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

Agree with Brent R, so many have been saying that blog commenting is losing value, and all types of links are losing value, etc, etc, and the list goes on and on, So what I do is test the waters myself, in the past, and have done campaigns of only one type of link building to see if it really does work. After all the tests I have done, the fact of the matter is they do work and still work as of today!

#15 fxmaster

fxmaster

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 35

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

I'd say post at least once regardless because some forum administrators remove accounts without any posts.

If i was you i'd make sure the site is complete before you do your backlinking jobs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users