Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Backlinks analysis: new tool by Ahrefs.com

• Please log in to reply
    98 replies to this topic

#81 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
    • posts 506

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

In addition to displaying the PR, I would also like to see the Ahrefs API in 3rd party applications, like Market Samurai or RegisterCompass.

#82 horheu

horheu

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 43

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

This tool looks awesome. I'm pretty sick and tired of SEO Spyglass... I get very few results and I don't trust it anymore, not to mention that I have to wait forever to get a list of those backlinks. Ahref's tool is different and I have to get used to it but so far is impressive, very accurate. And if you really want the PR of those websites just get Scrapebox, it's really cheap.

Okay... sick of the bullshit! lol

#83 Fumoffu

Fumoffu

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 23

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

Just noticed an update for SERP service: Ahrefs. Looks very promising :)

#84 Ahrefs

Ahrefs

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 28

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

New cool feature from Ahrefs: from now on it is possible to find out what keywords make any site site appear in Google, Bing or Yahoo SERPs - SERPs Position Analysis - Ahrefs

#85 IngoZ

IngoZ

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 33

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

This is a great feature, really useful.

Edited by IngoZ, 30 September 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#86 Ahrefs

Ahrefs

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 28

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

With the recent launch of SERP database analysis Ahrefs has become "two in one" project. SERP's database uses about 45 mln keywords. It contains 9 databases of keywords for different countries. Only those keywords, which are searched for more than 30 times a month, are included into this database, thus only important info is given, without unnecessary garbage reports.
    First 100 positions in a SERP are being analysed. This makes it possible to see popular keywords, by which site appears in SERPs and which don't bring traffic so far, thus they couldn't be observed by other means. This makes it possible to see popular keywords, by which site appears in SERPs and which don't bring traffic so far, thus they couldn't be observed by other means. And knowing these keywords it would be possible to get better position in SERPs with a wet finger. This option is really vital in doing SEO for a site. The database is partially updated every day, full update cycle completes in 10 days. Thanks to that fact it is possible to observe dynamics of site ranking in search engines. New "Daily Stats" report shows everyday changes for a site:

1. number of new keywords by which site appeared in SERPs
    2. by how many keywords site disappeared from SERPs (top 100)
    3. by how many keywords site moved up in SERPs
    4. by how many keywords site moved down in SERPs
    5. number of positions lost by all keywords
    6. number of positions gained by all keywords
    7. ranking change (ranking or rating is the value of month search engines' traffic)
    8. changes of this traffic price (rating*average bid in PPC).

Daily Stats makes it possible to observe all changes with the help of graphics. Directly from Daily Stats just with one click one can see new keywords, lost keywords, SERP positions up or down (!!!) Position Analysis shows by which keywords and at what place specified domain or URL is found. One can see data from 9 different countries.
    Export to CSV is also enabled. Ads Analysis is another section, where one can see by which keywords specified site or URL has its ads in Google or Bing.

#87 StandFast

StandFast

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 30

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

Can we use this instead of ranking reports?
    How can we use the data to get better competitive analysis on back links?

#88 Michael

Michael

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 6

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Ahrefs is the best backlink checker I have found. I ran it side by side with the paid version of SEO Spyglass, then asked SEO Spyglass for my money back. The speed of Ahrefs is truly awesome.

#89 extraclean

extraclean

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 3

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

nice tool and very intuitive - i likes it alot

#90 Nanny Rose

Nanny Rose

• Members
    • posts 112

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

A question for ahrefs....

Can you add a 'copy links to clipboard' option?

Much better than downloading and opening a csv and then copying the data to use in other tools.

Unless it's already there and I've missed it!

That would save a LOT of time. :)

Alternatively is there a multiple project advanced option. It would be great to enter 100+ URL's and then download a spreadsheet with tabs for the data i want (indexed pages or backlinks) all in the 1 spreadsheet.

I'm sure simple changes like these would be useful to many subscribers including myself! :)

#91 Nanny Rose

Nanny Rose

• Members
    • posts 112

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Infact what would be really cool is if you could have an option to export as a .spy file so it can be opened and ran in seospyglass instantly! Not sure if that's possible though....

If you did that I'm sure a LOT of SEOSpyglass users would use this awesome data you have. :)

#92 Nanny Rose

Nanny Rose

• Members
    • posts 112

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Actually I really am loving this tool... I love the anchors info, but this could really be improved.

Couldn't you make it possible to download all the backlinks with a specific anchor on a site?

I assume you have the data to be able to do this.....

That would be stupidly useful! :)

#93 Ahrefs

Ahrefs

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 28

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

A question for ahrefs....

Can you add a 'copy links to clipboard' option?

Much better than downloading and opening a csv and then copying the data to use in other tools.

Unless it's already there and I've missed it!

That would save a LOT of time. :)

Alternatively is there a multiple project advanced option. It would be great to enter 100+ URL's and then download a spreadsheet with tabs for the data i want (indexed pages or backlinks) all in the 1 spreadsheet.

I'm sure simple changes like these would be useful to many subscribers including myself! :)

'copy links to clipboard' is a very specific function, and if we start adding such options, interface will soon become too overloaded.
    As for dealing with large number of projects, we'll think how to make it as convenient as possible.

Infact what would be really cool is if you could have an option to export as a .spy file so it can be opened and ran in seospyglass instantly! Not sure if that's possible though....

If you did that I'm sure a LOT of SEOSpyglass users would use this awesome data you have. :)

I asked our developers to find out whether it is possible to add such a function.

Actually I really am loving this tool... I love the anchors info, but this could really be improved.

Couldn't you make it possible to download all the backlinks with a specific anchor on a site?

I assume you have the data to be able to do this.....

That would be stupidly useful! :)

Now this function is available in Standard Reports using corresponding filters, and it will also appear in a new version of Site Explorer.

#94 Nanny Rose

Nanny Rose

• Members
    • posts 112

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the quick reply... awesome! :)

OK, got on the advanced reports. Amazing!

Final question... This is with RE: Pricing

I have the $49 a month acccount.

Data this good has a multitude of uses and will be used by lots of people in different ways. I need some functions of a basic free account and some of the $500 a month account. For what I want to use the data for the pricing structure or more accurately the features don't work for me..... I'm sure I'm not alone. Please don't take this as me being critical. The more I play with ahrefs the more I love it.... The problem is the basic plan has too much of some stuff and not enough of others!

Can you do bespoke pricing?

This i what I would want from the data! :)

20’000 results per query
    5,000 queries per month (not day)
    100 advanced reports

Basically I don't need to use it that much but DO WANT access to all the data for any site I decide to look at. It feels like I would be a low user in terms of access, but i'm being limited massivelly on the data I can analyse... Being limited to 2,500 links means I feel like I'm not seeing the full picture when I'm looking at sites with big link profiles. It makes me worry I'll come to wromg conclusions based on an inaccurate understanding of the data (because I can't see it all!)

#95 Badlands07

Badlands07

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 65

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

I love Ahrefs, but was curious as to why I saw the business for sale for like $250,000 on Flippa not long ago? Are you selling the business? Just curious.

#96 Ahrefs

Ahrefs

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 28

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

Can you do bespoke pricing?

Thanks for your feedback. So far we don't plan any changes within pricing plans and tariffication.

I love Ahrefs, but was curious as to why I saw the business for sale for like $250,000 on Flippa not long ago? Are you selling the business? Just curious.

We don't sell Ahrefs any longer. Now we are working at a coming soon great update+are actively engaged in marketing process.

#97 Nanny Rose

Nanny Rose

• Members
    • posts 112

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for your feedback. So far we don't plan any changes within pricing plans and tariffication.

Of course it's your business and your perrogative to have any price plan you like... :)

However I do question why you limit the data to 2,500 links for the $50 a month subscription?

Of my 500 included searches a day i never use more than 25 of them!

It seriously worries me when looking at sites with more than 2,500 links that I don't have all the data!

Is there no way you can make all the data available?

I only use 5% of the searches available on the $50 a month plan. So it would be ridiculous for me to pay $500 a month just to get all the data!

Do you see where I'm coming from here? :)

#98 IngoZ

IngoZ

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 33

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

I would like to be able to export only the dofollow backlinks not all.

#99 Juvv

Juvv

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 78

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

500 a month... eek x(
    http://www.freedomseonetwork.com - Handsfree Article Submissions - do NOTHING get ALOT.

9 Discounted Subscriptions left!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users