Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Rebranding a Site After Big G Raises a 100 yard Penalty

• Please log in to reply
    9 replies to this topic

#1 JunkYour925

JunkYour925

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

I setup a review site about two months ago...it had 5 unique original well written reviews on it and solid onpage SEO. Right from the beginning (before I got a chance to start my backlinking) the site was ranking very high for my keywrds and long tails like mad. I was amazed b/c I didn't even start the planned syndication & BLing yet. I was getting very good SERP rank (page 1, 2) and long tail SERP traffic. I lazily then added one measly SEO article being sure not to overdo the BLing and syndicated it out to a "slow drip" blog network with links back to my root, and two different inner pages. Over next two weeks my rankings and traffic steadily continued to improve. Cool. I had 5 more articles written & posted on site and was just about to begin my usual backlinking via artdirs, web20 and blognets etc to FULLY commence my BLing and then poof April 20th my site fell off the Google radar (all 35 terms I was tracking that were well within the top 50 were nowhere to be found - gone!) SERP traffic went from 40/day to ZERO. And now I don't even get traffic for bizzare LT kywds like I did when the damn site was only 1 week old! Totally shut down! Total BS

BTW, my rankings in Bing and Yahoo were still the same (unaffected) so obviously it was the result of the human reviewers, hawks and tweakers at Google.

I could sit there and wait for the slow comeback as my current link building gains momentum but can I accelerate the process by starting all over again with a new domain name and do a 301 redirect, it may be faster than waiting for the old domain and its backlinks to come back, or would the anal-retentive "hawks" catch on that the new domain and new one are the same site and drag the new domain name down the SERPs too?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edited by JunkYour925, 10 May 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#2 Rainmak3r

Rainmak3r

• Members
    • posts 513

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

Why not do PPC through the Goog Content Network?
    With the latest Panda update, no one really KNOWS what's going to happen to sites that have headed south for the summer.
    It's all conjecture.

If I were you, and I knew I had a well optimized website with high CPC adsense blocks or converting info, I'd run an adwords campaign or search for sites/blogs with related (not same niche) content and broker to run banner ads on their sites for a specified monthly fee.

That's what I would do.

SEO is like watching paint dry... it's always long term in strategy, and you're always at the mercy of the search engines on whether you rank or not.

Today your site reappears, and you do a belly bump with your peers, tomorrow... it's gone, and it's off to the pub to drown your sorrows... the stock market performs well better than this...

Just my 2cents.

Edited by Rainmak3r, 10 May 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#3 JunkYour925

JunkYour925

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

Thanks Rainmak3r

You are right about all that...I have considered it and in fact I have $300 credit in my ADWORDS acct from the G so I can use that free money to run an ADWORDS campaign in the interim until my SEO stabilzes. thnks!

#4 JunkYour925

JunkYour925

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

I created a new .com domain last weekend and proved I got some sort of penality on the old domain. My site is now ranking on page #1 #2 for long tails again...about 10 SERP visitors a day after just 5 days lol...what a joke. The old domain name was like a ghost town. i mean it was flatlined DEADOLA and it used to bring in 40 SERPS visits a day before getting whacked when it was one month old.

up yours google! lol

Edited by JunkYour925, 20 May 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#5 microweb

microweb

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 2

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

Google is killing us :D

#6 westsideseo

westsideseo

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 20

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

It sounds like the Google QDF factor. New sites often rank for a week or two because the G is trying to provide fresh content to searchers. Trying searching for "google honeymoon period".

#7 Seo company perth

Seo company perth

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 1

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

Rebranding a site may help to grow much faster by observing and taking the best options and step so that it can be done.

Seo company perth

#8 thrall

thrall

• Members
    • posts 170

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

It wasn't a penalty dude, it was the honeymoon.

#9 buzznebo

buzznebo

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 15

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Is QDF = Google Honeymoon Effect? At least Google loved you for 2 weeks right?
    Premium Web Services Outsourcing Solutions at Buzz Outsource:
    - SEO Outsourcing Services
    - Web Design Outsourcing and Development Services
    - Flash Video Marketing Services
    - and much more...

#10 spiritus

spiritus

• Members
    • posts 217

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

I created a new .com domain last weekend and proved I got some sort of penality on the old domain. My site is now ranking on page #1 #2 for long tails again...about 10 SERP visitors a day after just 5 days lol...what a joke. The old domain name was like a ghost town. i mean it was flatlined DEADOLA and it used to bring in 40 SERPS visits a day before getting whacked when it was one month old.

up yours google! lol

Make sure your rebranded site isn't lifting content from your old one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users