Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Deindexing of review site! :D

• Please log in to reply
    23 replies to this topic

#1 djp

djp

• Members
    • posts 139

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hey Guys!

Just woke up and found my 2 months old site DEINDEXED on Google with unique content, WITHOUT adsense, and just started promotion.

Site was built like review site of one company. When i added new articles, site got 10. position for main keyword and 7 for other. Then ranks dropped, okay but site still was indexed, yesterday i checked. Today, site was deindexed.

It's attack of panda? :D or somebody wrote complaint of using brand name in domain? :D WTF?!
    3 Weeks Link Building Service - Only $99

First Bulk Backlinks Indexing Service - www.IndexBear.com

Attention!!! Contextual Backlinks Cure for Your G/Y/B Rankings!

#2 Joe Hughes

Joe Hughes

• Members
    • posts 509

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

Really sorry to hear that, I have a few of those and one of them is a 2 grand a month site so I'd be really pissed if it happened to me. If it was the brand name issue usually they'll make a complaint to you or via the registrar can't see the hammer falling from Google.

I really can't understand it. Have you checked nobody else is using your content?
    Guaranteed Ranking Increase or Your Money Back - Discounted For Launch

100% Permanent Links
    All From Aged PR Domains
    100% Original Content

Click Here to Find Out More

#3 chachaslide

chachaslide

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 27

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

Are you sure you got Deindexed? Sounds like a Google dance to me
    Go to Google.com and type your site's URL and see if it comes up in the search.
    In the IM since 2001

#4 djp

djp

• Members
    • posts 139

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

Are you sure you got Deindexed? Sounds like a Google dance to me
    Go to Google.com and type your site's URL and see if it comes up in the search.

Man, I am in SEO 5 years :D site:domain.com shows nothing ;D

#5 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

I hope this does not spread. All my sites and income are dependent on product reviews sites. Unique content mind you, but so was yours. I hope it is just a glitch and returns to normal soon. Panda can bite me.

#6 mmiglin

mmiglin

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 4

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Care to share the domain so we can check this out, PM if you like?

#7 masalai

masalai

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 36

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Has it bounced back into the index yet? It is possible that Google rolled back their index temporarily to a time before your site was even indexed. I have seen weird stuff like that.

One of my sites has just under 700 pages of content, has multiple page one rankings for some pretty competitive KW's, it is in Google's index but does not show up anywhere in the cache - super weird!

#8 Joe Hughes

Joe Hughes

• Members
    • posts 509

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Has it bounced back into the index yet? It is possible that Google rolled back their index temporarily to a time before your site was even indexed. I have seen weird stuff like that.

One of my sites has just under 700 pages of content, has multiple page one rankings for some pretty competitive KW's, it is in Google's index but does not show up anywhere in the cache - super weird!

You can stop google caching your site and you probably have that line of code on your site. I have it on one of my membership sites and the platform does not allow you to take it off.
    Guaranteed Ranking Increase or Your Money Back - Discounted For Launch

100% Permanent Links
    All From Aged PR Domains
    100% Original Content

Click Here to Find Out More

#9 dzoniij

dzoniij

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 10

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hey Guys!

Just woke up and found my 2 months old site DEINDEXED on Google with unique content, WITHOUT adsense, and just started promotion.

Site was built like review site of one company. When i added new articles, site got 10. position for main keyword and 7 for other. Then ranks dropped, okay but site still was indexed, yesterday i checked. Today, site was deindexed.

It's attack of panda? :D or somebody wrote complaint of using brand name in domain? :D WTF?!

one day is nothing check after ~ 1 week I'm sure it come back
    Powerful xrumer service Get 10000 verified forum backlinks now

#10 LinkBuildingReviews

LinkBuildingReviews

• Members
    • posts 658

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hey Guys!

Site was built like review site of one company

If you mean this is some kind of doorway site then that would be one reson for a zapping, but would guess that would have to be manual rather than algo.

Also you say content is unique, is that hand written or spun / generated gobbledeygook?
    BackBlasts.Com - Daily Scheduled Link Building Drip Feed Links The Cheapest and the Best:

100 Links Per Day - $9.99 | 200 Links Per Day - $17.99 | 500 Links Per Day - $29 | 1000 Links Per Day - $49 | 2000 Links Per Day - $69

►► Daily Schedled Link Building ★ Drip Feed ★ Advanced Features ★ From $9.99 pm! ◄◄

#11 djp

djp

• Members
    • posts 139

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

If you mean this is some kind of doorway site then that would be one reson for a zapping, but would guess that would have to be manual rather than algo.

Also you say content is unique, is that hand written or spun / generated gobbledeygook?

Site had Only unique content, written by hired writer, checked on any duplicate, he don't used anything, only what he saw on places about what he wrote.

It's simple review site, similar to toptenreviewsDOTcom, only small.

#12 Fishingman1

Fishingman1

• Members
    • posts 280

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

Very strange
    LBR is correct it is very much a manual review.
    A competitor has given you a sucker punch.
    although you can do all sorts of things to a 2month old site to get Google attention.

#13 canndu

canndu

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 4

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

I haven't posted on this forum much, but this caught my attention. 3 of my sites all amazon sites, with product reviews went through a rankings drop at month 2. Still hasn't come back
    I just assumed I did something wrong in terms of backlinking too early or aggressively etc.

It may have something to do with the supposed 'honeymoon' stage.
    Month 2 is usually the time when this stuff occurs, I don't have enough experience to figure out how to get around it.

#14 djp

djp

• Members
    • posts 139

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

UPDATE WITH ANOTHER SITE, GUYS:

I and my partner recently started review site HUH! We used 6 years old domain, PR 2. Content on it was 6 years old, it was directory type site and we didn't need it, so we made a test. Hired local content writer and started writing reviews about top things in internet. FIrst week was awesome! From zero we got 250 unique visits per day!!!

What happened:

After first week, ranks dropped to nowhere,BUT site was indexed, old urls didn't worked because didn't made any redirects, so we had NEW site on good domain. 1 DAY after site was dropped in rankings, IT DISAPPEARED from google ;(

PANDA ATTACK!!!! Guys it was so scary :D:D:D

So i was scared and didn't know what to do, so i done simple thing, changed back to old site which is on different server in different country.

(Deindexing of new site happened on Friday 12. May) , on 17. May i made xrumer posts blast.

Today, 19. May 2011. Site is back on index of Google and 1017 pages indexed!!! Google had old pages in index!

Conclusion:

UNIQUE, SEO optimised content is bad! IF it don't give user any benefits, BUT how google really knows "there is benefit?"

What was with new version of site: Bounce rate 80% and time on page 10-30 seconds (Google analytics).

How to write good content?

Simple, make a research, analysis any other things and include in review. Make good design of website.
    Our mistake was also on titles of site, we didn't wrote "review" word and anything other, but ONLY keywords!

Make your content attractive and interesting, and you will never see panda boy!

Edited by djp, 19 May 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#15 kurtyordy

kurtyordy

• Members
    • posts 157

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

I just had one of my reviews sites- unique content, over year old, fall out of serps. For me, panda is biting my unique content sites, and kissing my autoblogs. seems really odd.

#16 bgmacaw

bgmacaw

• Members
    • posts 613

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Deindexing is usually a manual process. It's only automated in the case of certain scripts and their footprints that Google's algorithms specifically look for (examples, YACG, BANS). This has been around a while and it doesn't have anything to do with 'Panda' so stop the Panda Panic.

The process I've observed is that a site ends up on Google's visual review list for a number of reasons but the most common reasons seem to be newly registered exact match domain names, content and/or link building patterns that match known spamming patterns and flag a site for review and competitor reporting.

Once it's in the manual review list, and you won't know that it is until it's too late, your site is at the mercy of a cubical warrior, most likely in India, who'll take a 30 second or less glance at your site's index page and see if it matches a pattern they've been trained to flag as a 'bad' site. You can have the most outstanding content in the world but if your site matches the visual pattern, it's gone. Likewise, you can have a site with terrible content with an HTML template that looks like it was put together by a drunken monkey using FrontPage 98 and you'll probably pass. However, most (but not all) non-ecommerce sites that don't match a known MFA pattern and don't have any ads on the index page will pass.

Occasionally a site will be bumped up the food chain for a more in depth review by the Mountain View staff where links and actual content are reviewed but this isn't common from what I've seen. For example, if you were suddenly ranking #1 for "credit cards" you might get this kind of scrutiny but you probably won't if you're #1 for "purple antique knitting needles".

#17 JunkYour925

JunkYour925

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

I haven't posted on this forum much, but this caught my attention. 3 of my sites all amazon sites, with product reviews went through a rankings drop at month 2. Still hasn't come back
    I just assumed I did something wrong in terms of backlinking too early or aggressively etc.

It may have something to do with the supposed 'honeymoon' stage.
    Month 2 is usually the time when this stuff occurs, I don't have enough experience to figure out how to get around it.

me too. here's what I do from now on.. don't bother backlinking until you get some EDU backlinks built first - get trust rank 1st! Or else the dopey bots might false positive your site as spam. With EDU links it won't. Bots are as dumb as they are smart - in the end they're just computers not humans with eyeballs.

Also these Amazon review sites do well just on their own. no need to crush it.

GO SLOW with BLing! Don't assume you need #BLS and overkill it out of the gate and get into trouble. I truly believe Google is closely watching BLing patterns habits speed quality etc. and coming down hard on any BLing that looks manufactured or even slightly reeks of it.

You are also better served and SAFER to build high PR buffer sites (Squidoo, Hubpages, Blogger) and have them link to your site. then you can hammer the crap out of your buffer sites all you want w/o much risk of getting slapped, this is a more powerful and efficient approach anyway. Leverage without the risk. Your $site (review site) doesn't need a ton of BLs, just a few from the Buffer sites. It works wonders for me and I have sites pegged at #1

Edited by JunkYour925, 20 May 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#18 JunkYour925

JunkYour925

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Deindexing is usually a manual process. It's only automated in the case of certain scripts and their footprints that Google's algorithms specifically look for (examples, YACG, BANS). This has been around a while and it doesn't have anything to do with 'Panda' so stop the Panda Panic.

The process I've observed is that a site ends up on Google's visual review list for a number of reasons but the most common reasons seem to be newly registered exact match domain names, content and/or link building patterns that match known spamming patterns and flag a site for review and competitor reporting.

Once it's in the manual review list, and you won't know that it is until it's too late, your site is at the mercy of a cubical warrior, most likely in India, who'll take a 30 second or less glance at your site's index page and see if it matches a pattern they've been trained to flag as a 'bad' site. You can have the most outstanding content in the world but if your site matches the visual pattern, it's gone. Likewise, you can have a site with terrible content with an HTML template that looks like it was put together by a drunken monkey using FrontPage 98 and you'll probably pass. However, most (but not all) non-ecommerce sites that don't match a known MFA pattern and don't have any ads on the index page will pass.

Occasionally a site will be bumped up the food chain for a more in depth review by the Mountain View staff where links and actual content are reviewed but this isn't common from what I've seen. For example, if you were suddenly ranking #1 for "credit cards" you might get this kind of scrutiny but you probably won't if you're #1 for "purple antique knitting needles".

well written and said. i have a friend who knows an engineer at Google and he says they ("cubical warriors") are swamped with work.. "cubical warrior" lmao :P

#19 Kento

Kento

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 13

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

How do you know this?

#20 digidoodles

digidoodles

• Members
    • posts 256

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

dwtdx11, totally on the same page as you regarding the NHL, particularly the vacation treatments. Definitely those.

No cool marketing ploy for a weight loss product, or anything for that matter...
    just a glimpse of what it was like to be really fat
    Yes, I really did use to weigh 500 lbs, give or take a bologna sandwich.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users