Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

How To Stop Google Deindexing Your Bought Aged Domains?

• Please log in to reply
    38 replies to this topic

#1 Terry Kyle

Terry Kyle

• Moderators
    • posts 736

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

This thread is for sharing your proven counter-measures against Google deindexing your aged high PR domains (bought).

I am yet to discover a completely foolproof method but these have helped reduce the deindexing rate substantially for me:

(1) Getting content up on to a bought domain ASAP after purchase - using the wayback machine at archive.org to rebuild pages can be helpful but is time consuming;

(2) Enabling whois privacy protection ASAP after the domain has been pushed to me to mask any public ownership change;

(3) Implementing a 404-301 redirect to the homepage so that inner pages indexed in Google that are now dead or gone redirect to something rather than nothing;

(4) Using a good hosting company that doesn't have a lot of down time (e.g. seo-host is BAD);

(5) Putting the site on a diet of fresh content (e.g. AMA for inner pages) and linkbuilding - nothing too aggressive plus a few new other high PR homepage links from my other sites;

(6) Adding up to 8 outbound authority links to the homepage (e.g. to respected media organisations on the Web)

(7) Using pictures, headings, videos and normal formatting on the homepage rather than slabs of text (my old preferred method) for the appearance of normality.

(8) Keep the domain on the same registrar as the previous owner (e.g. GoDaddy, Moniker.com etc) though hosting changes are fine;

(9) My next method for trial will be to approach owners of neglected sites with high PR and offer to buy the site from them so the domain is not expired and just passes hands without ever going near the whole freshdrop-dropday-GD auction circus;

(10) Though I haven't implemented it yet, I want to systematically use Chad Kimball's cool Wikipedia backlink trick to add a (nofollow) Wiki backlink (more like 5 of them) from different Wiki pages to 'new' aged domains that I buy from now on.

How about you? What are your anti-deindexing measures?

#2 SEO-EXPERT

SEO-EXPERT

• Members
    • posts 323

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

Appreciable points !

#3 AusSi

AusSi

• Members
    • posts 318

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

I cant believe I have never seen this easy to reference list before... thank terry awesome resource.
    The main point I would add here that you must make sure to maintain the domains previously position to 'www' or non 'www'. If after doing a search in google for info:www,domain.com the domain appears not to have the 'www' then mimic that on the new site. 301 the non 'www' to the 'www'. you can also use rank checker to find this out.

Also I feel that using wordpress helps.
    If I agree with you, it will just make us both wrong...

Forget SEOhost, SEO-host, SEOhosting hostgator.com. I am now using these guys for multiple IP hosting: Web Hosting Plex

The fastest and the best customer support I have ever seen and so far 100% up time. Unheard of in multi IP hosting.

#4 periphery

periphery

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 38

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

That's a really good list, I was planning to do some experiment on domain purchasing myself but was worried about wasting money on lost PR.

One question, how do you identify and locate neglected sites on the internet? Manually or is there a tool to do so?

#5 Jbar

Jbar

• Members
    • posts 128

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

great list Terry, but you forgot to mention: hold your breath.

For me what's worked is to get the site up as quickly as possible with old content / new unique original content and then drop a few quality links to the site. I've found that even if the domain is deindexed you can get it back pretty quickly by following this. For expired domains, I'll even get the site ready to go before the domain is registered.

periphey, there are tools to find domains at the various stages of becoming available, not sure what the rules are here about posting services but if you are interested pm me and I'll send you the one I use. As far as neglected sites go, haven't seen any tools but I typically pick a niche and troll the serps at a deeper level looking for signs of neglect (old copyright, not updated etc).

#6 LinkBuildingReviews

LinkBuildingReviews

• Members
    • posts 658

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

How about you? What are your anti-deindexing measures?

De-Indexing of any site is almost always down to on site issues, i.e. content. I have had lots of sites de-indexed in the past using a variety of different methods for content. Eventually I just started getting legit stuff, paying for it or trading it for links from the sites. Since doing that all has been well. No need for additional links or any other off site stuff, its all on site IMO.

Private Whois is a must, putting content up fast helps with retaining PR, but I have not had sites de-indexed when too slow. I found a site this week I bought in December with a default WP install left on it. Still has PR, still indexed.

I also buy expired domains, not auctions, but domains that have actually dropped. Most of these are completely de-indexed, the hosting accounts having long since expired and been shut down. They re-index just fine.

Regards AMR content, check out the indexing rates on sites in that (or any other spin and submit) network, you will find a lot de-indexed. IMO that tells you all you need to know about the "quality" of that content.

WP-Robot is hit and miss, even if you put effort into them.

Mashed up spun PLR is the cream of the crap IMO, but I would never do that on a site that was worth anything to me.

I think "homepage" style sites will always be churn and burn, you may be able to improve things a little with off site stuff, but ultimately your trying to polish a turd.

In a nutshell, you can leave a site with nothing on it and it will be ok in the end, but put any kind of "toxic" content on it and your running the gauntlet.

Edited by LinkBuildingReviews, 28 April 2011 - 08:22 AM.

BackBlasts.Com - Daily Scheduled Link Building Drip Feed Links The Cheapest and the Best:

100 Links Per Day - $9.99 | 200 Links Per Day - $17.99 | 500 Links Per Day - $29 | 1000 Links Per Day - $49 | 2000 Links Per Day - $69

►► Daily Schedled Link Building ★ Drip Feed ★ Advanced Features ★ From $9.99 pm! ◄◄

#7 asharam

asharam

• Members
    • posts 152

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

For those using wordpress check out the Link Juice Keeper plugin - it will automatically redirect any pages that you haven't rebuilt to the homepage.

Although looking at it now it seems that it hasn't been updated in a while :(
    Still works well on my sites though :)

Asharam's High PR Network - Now Open With A Special Twist!

All sites have images/videos embedded in content and connected to twitter.

Capped to 30 spots. Currently closed.

#8 quinnmodel

quinnmodel

• Members
    • posts 262

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

Yes I have been Using The Wikipedia method but now for some reason they are killing these pictures that have links to your sites. It used to work well but I think after Chad made that video... they are onto it all so in my opinion Its Just a big waste of time. All The pictures just get deleted now!!

#9 liquidone

liquidone

• Members
    • posts 196

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

Other then doing extensive home work on the domains prior to bidding on them I have to say it has been Xrumer that has kept my network stable and healthy.

It's on my daily checklist to pound my pumpers heavily and then submit some of the links to NLI and my own BLE clusters.

One other tip I learned a couple of years ago is to check archive.org to see if you can find what the last known title of the site was and keep it the same.

Edited by liquidone, 29 April 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#10 chadkimball

chadkimball

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 1

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

thanks for the mention of my wikipedia trick, Its an awesome way to get wikipedia links.

I want to to confirm Jbar's note, except frankly I've found that the backlinks and PR are almost ALWAYS preserved if you can just get the old content back up on the domain as quickly as possible. I usually go to the google cache and any cached pages I replicate with the EXACT SAME URL and content. Then I go to archive.org and grab all the content that they have on record and put it back on the server, with the exact same URL and content.

This almost always keeps the site indexed and preserves PR and backlinks in my experience.

great list Terry, but you forgot to mention: hold your breath.

For me what's worked is to get the site up as quickly as possible with old content / new unique original content and then drop a few quality links to the site. I've found that even if the domain is deindexed you can get it back pretty quickly by following this. For expired domains, I'll even get the site ready to go before the domain is registered.

periphey, there are tools to find domains at the various stages of becoming available, not sure what the rules are here about posting services but if you are interested pm me and I'll send you the one I use. As far as neglected sites go, haven't seen any tools but I typically pick a niche and troll the serps at a deeper level looking for signs of neglect (old copyright, not updated etc).

#11 flash

flash

• Members
    • posts 240

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Nice list. I would stay away from buying domains where you see that they are already parked with something like godaddy. I lost the PR after buying one of these.

#12 LinkBuildingReviews

LinkBuildingReviews

• Members
    • posts 658

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

Nice list. I would stay away from buying domains where you see that they are already parked with something like godaddy. I lost the PR after buying one of these.

Unless you have lost the backlinks the the PR will almost certainly come back.
    BackBlasts.Com - Daily Scheduled Link Building Drip Feed Links The Cheapest and the Best:

100 Links Per Day - $9.99 | 200 Links Per Day - $17.99 | 500 Links Per Day - $29 | 1000 Links Per Day - $49 | 2000 Links Per Day - $69

►► Daily Schedled Link Building ★ Drip Feed ★ Advanced Features ★ From $9.99 pm! ◄◄

#13 Terry Kyle

Terry Kyle

• Moderators
    • posts 736

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

Any other thoughts on getting deindexed domains RE-indexed WITHOUT submitting a reconsideration request to Google?

#14 LinkBuildingReviews

LinkBuildingReviews

• Members
    • posts 658

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

Any other thoughts on getting deindexed domains RE-indexed WITHOUT submitting a reconsideration request to Google?

I have never got a de-indexed site back in without re-consideration request.
    I once lost a PR5, hung onto it for 2 years, never got re-indexed.
    A friend suggested I let it drop, re reg it and set up better looking site on it under a new guise.

Unfortunately it was snapped up by Enom or some other big catcher like that and parked.

It stayed de-indexed for maybe a year before re-indexing on a parked page.

My guess is the drop / change of registrant and a long period of time did it.

I doubt they submitted re-inclusion request, and if they had I dount g would re-index a parked page.

Shame I lost that one, one of my best ever catches, PF5 for $7 :P

#15 bgmacaw

bgmacaw

• Members
    • posts 613

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

If the site has links, build links to those sites/pages. For example, if your new-to-you domain has links from a directory, build a number of links to the page on the directory site. Social bookmarking is great for this. Usually these old links will start boosting the site up quickly once Googlebot finds them.

Occasionally you'll buy a domain that has a previous deindex penalty attached to it. This is common with exact keyword match domains that may have been used for BANS, YACG or another script Google doesn't like. In that case, you either have to build links and wait, and wait, and wait, generally about a year or so. Having domain privacy seems to extend this indefinitely though. I've also found that requesting reconsideration for these domains to be a lost cause as well.

#16 Geeky Girl

Geeky Girl

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 12

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Why changing domain registrar can deindex the domain?

#17 mikey21

mikey21

• Members
    • posts 334

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Great list Terry! I have always found most of those steps to work very well for me.

I always make sure to put unique content on my homepages asap once the site is up on the new domain.

You said that you use AMA to feed the inner pages of your sites with quality content...aren't you worried that Google will devalue your sites pagerank if it decides that content is not unique enough? I know there is huge controversy regarding the topic, but with all these changes it makes me even more cautious. Pretty much every article that AMA is feeding me doesn't pass copyscape checks without finding 9-15 duplicates....since Panda is all about breaking down on duplicate content, aren't you afraid your networks will see a heavy drop in PR soon??

So what do you think?

#18 tclendaniel

tclendaniel

• Members
    • posts 214

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

To avoid de-indexing, you have to achieve 3 goals:
    • Preserve as much value from the original site as you can, so the site retains the characteristics that gave it its status in the first place.
    • Eliminate the most obvious "warning signs" of SPAM sites to the search engines.
    • Build "positive signs" to the engines that the site is vital, responsible, and worthy of displaying in the SERP's.

Pretty basic stuff, right? So how do I recommend you do this?

[LIST]
    • Research top 25 backlinks to existing domain, then provide drip backlinks to those sites.
    • Find top 5-25 backlinked pages on purchased domain and drip feed backlinks to those pages.
    • Make sure XML sitemap exists, is up-to-date, and that you do NOT submit it to search engines using your existing accounts!!!
    • For heaven's sake make certain that haven't added Webmaster Tools, AdSense, or anything else that can be traced back to you to the site.
    • Similarly, don't have the same embedded affiliate codes from your existing sites added to the newly acquired sites.
    • Create an HTML (in addition to XML) sitemap for the site. Add a link to the site header for each page to the HTML sitemap.
    • You need to find out what Binggle had indexed BEFORE purchase, and what had PageRank. Do NOT let 2/3 of those pages disappear!
    • For the top 5-25 pages, put a photo, text, and embed a YouTube video and Google map (of whatever) on each of the top pages so that you have a variety of content to get picked up.
    • Use Wistia or similar service that allows you to create Video Sitemap for embedded links to point to your site instead of YouTube.
    • This is NOT the time to carpet-bomb with junk Xrumer links- save that for later. =)
    • If there isn't already a free blog and forum on the site, get them on there right away- easier way to mix up content quickly.
    • Use existing Twitter accounts to get a link out each day, preferably with ReTweets.
    • Do NOT send all your links to your homepage- obvious sign that something's up.
    • Make up a Facebook fan page and LinkedIn profile for the site if they don't already exist- doesn't help with PR or traffic, but helps keep the site on Google's radar.
    • Eliminate other problems that could have been hurting the site previously- broken links, bad redirects, broken formatting, etc. and make sure you haven't reproduced them.
    • Identify how many backlinks were on the homepage BEFORE you acquired it. If the answer is 10, for example, it's suicidal to put 1000 a different ones and wipe out the original 10.

Is this any help? Please let me know- thanks!

#19 jargonbust

jargonbust

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 69

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

i will stick to my domain always and make new ones
    will good hosting and the time for you registered your domain helps in getting google's trust in your domain

#20 Fumoffu

Fumoffu

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 23

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

To avoid de-indexing, you have to achieve 3 goals:

Pretty basic stuff, right? So how do I recommend you do this?

• Make sure XML sitemap exists, is up-to-date, and that you do NOT submit it to search engines using your existing accounts!!!
    • For heaven's sake make certain that haven't added Webmaster Tools, AdSense, or anything else that can be traced back to you to the site.

Those are two very awesome points that I think many of us overlook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users