Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Market Samuari or not

• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Scheelke

Peter Scheelke

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 19

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

Hello
    Last week Market Samurai switch from Yahoo to Majestic as their source data provider.

In the Market Samurai forum I have started a tread about this:
    This is the end of Market Samurai unless! « Noble Samurai

I don’t think that the data provided in the SEO Competition modules of Market Samurai reflect the reality of Google any more.
    I don’t blame MS. They can help that the data is no longer availably from Yahoo.

In this interview you can here more about Majestic and their intentions:

I would really appreciate to know what you guys think about this new development.

Edited by Peter Scheelke, 28 February 2011 - 01:21 AM.

Peter Scheelke

http://www.merging.dk/

#2 Akula

Akula

• Members
    • posts 300

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:17 AM

Yea this pretty much sucks. Still figure out MS can be a useful tool, but just with a extra step to run the results through SEO Spyglass.

#3 nicbos

nicbos

• Members
    • posts 639

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

This is an interesting thread, hope someone from MS staff will participate... I own MS since 1 year but lately I cannot retrieve useful infos anymore... also the Rank Tracker feature is quite unaccurate, so I switched to Link-Assistant Rank Tracker which is VERY costly.....
    Hoodia Gordonii | Whitening Products | NBWeb.it
    20 x HP Links Network - Currently Open and 100% Indexed - Join Now ->

#4 Peter Scheelke

Peter Scheelke

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 19

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:12 AM

Try to take a look at: Backlink Count with Majestic SEO: What's going on here?
    Scrool down to the post by DixonJones, the marketing director of Majestic SEO.
    He explain how Majestic count the links, and that they include dead links, and links from sub domains in their link count.

Combine this info with the fact that they pick up new links really slow, and then we have an explanation of the new results.
    It sucks.
    Peter Scheelke

#5 Joe Hughes

Joe Hughes

• Members
    • posts 509

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Peter,

I agree I think MS has moved too early and it will effect their business. I think there has to be a move away from yahoo but majestic just doesn't give quality data yet. They tend to scrape everything and we want relevant links with detailed information.

#6 Peter Scheelke

Peter Scheelke

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 19

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

I have been digging a little deeper in order to find out why the result in Market Samurai SEO Competition module has changed that much since MS start using Majestic as their data source.

From my knowledge about my own link building I would say that Majestic is 1-2 months slower to pick up a link than Yahoo.
    They simply don’t have the same crawler capacity as Yahoo.

This is a steep back, but the way Majestic counts their links is a disaster.

For a new keywords I have a competitor. In the old Yahoo based Market Samurai he got a little more than 4000 links, however since Market Samurai start using data from Majestic he shows up with 1.6 mill links.
    The funny thing is, that he has dropped down to 3 place.

Take a look at this tread and scroll all the way down.
    Backlink Count with Majestic SEO: What's going on here?
    Here the marketing director of Majestic Dixon Jones explains how they count their links.

He mentions that they keep dead links for about 4 years and then he said “We do treat sub-domains as different (not internal) in some parts of our data set.”
    This must be the key for understanding the 1.6 mill links mentioned above, since my competitors site is an old site with a previously very active forum in a subdomain.

A point here is that I start building links for my keyword based on a competitor with about 4000 links. In this scenario I have more than a fair change and I think this is still the case, but I would never have started a competition with someone who has 1.6 mill links.

I am really sorry to see this happen to Market Samurai. I hope they will find a way to fix the problems. Just 2 weeks ago I recommended Market Samurai to everybody, since it was one of my best tools.

Peter
    Peter Scheelke

#7 gaddo

gaddo

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 11

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

Yahoo stopped providing backlink information,I wonder what people are using for backlinks now.I hear complaints about Marketing Samurai (they get feeded from Majestic Seo) but Seo spyglass does not bring accurate information now.I am not quite sure about ahrefs.com either,any comments?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users