Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Doesn't a flood of new backlinks hurt your SEO?

• Please log in to reply
    35 replies to this topic

#1 mojo1017

mojo1017

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 85

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

When you start a new web domain, doesn't it hurt your SEO to see a flood of backlinks appear in a short time? In just looking at the backlinking tools and classified ads on this website, it appears that most people on this website are posting tens to hundreds of blog links, bookmarks, articles, etc. per month.
    Thanks.

#2 jxuereb

jxuereb

• Members
    • posts 254

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

Just a quick comment theres a different between creating back links and Google finding them at the same rate. Just because you create x amount of back links doesn't mean Google or the search engines are going to instantly recognize all those links at once. There are also theories on link velocity also.

#3 Martin

Martin

• Members
    • posts 470

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

No it doesnt.

My customer come to me brand new site 1000 quality profile links 3 anchors each according to yahoo there is no backlinks indexed which shows its not a medium to base your seo sucess on, not sure about google havent checked but thats the main point them 1000 links wont instantly get found out.

I have bin tracking the site constantly for the last week it has seen a movement on average of 5-10 positions a day for the 3 keywords which are competitive they are in the gaming market.

Its now 50th, 31st and 22nd for its respective terms. In 5 days since the links were built and 8 days since the site was built. I am not worrying about indexing at the moment when the rankings stop moving up then I will.
    Want to keep writing crap sales letters? Not even converting your best mate? Do NOT buy This

#4 kkchoon

kkchoon

• Members
    • posts 761

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Here is a scenario:

1. You blast 10K links to your site the 1st day.
    2. Then you blast another 10K links the 2nd day.

and you continue to do this for 5 days.

but from 1st day, 50% of your links is gone, so is second day and the rest of the day.... in 3rd day, you already lost 15K sites, but your daily blast is 10K... now, that will raise a red flag.

Don't take the number too serious, just an example. When Google starts to find you losing more links than gain, especially those links from all kind of sites, from PR N/A to PR0, that's a good indication of you spamming the search engine!

That's why some people send tons of links to a site without penalty, because they get more links and lost very little. The question is not building link too fast, but losing it too fast, a lot faster than gaining them, then your "NEW" site will be in trouble.

Kok Choon
    Mass Ping Scheduling Tool, Boost Your Ranking While Let Google Discover Your Link Naturally !
    FREE Backlink To RSS Crawling Tool! => Nuclear Link Crawler
    Guaranteed To Rank Your Site On Page 1 ==> Guaranteed Ranking Services
    Dominate Page 1 And Get Traffic In 7 Days ======> Multi Dimentional SEO
    Index Your Links and Increase Your Link Juice ==> Nuclear Link Indexer

#5 Stan

Stan

• Members
    • posts 222

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:04 AM

Thanks - 100% logical - One of the best posts I have ever read.

#6 sheepfarmer

sheepfarmer

• Members
    • posts 175

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

Kok Choon that was a very good answer and something that I have not thought about.

#7 mojo1017

mojo1017

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 85

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

Thanks, KC. That totally makes sense. I now see the importance in obtaining high quality backlinks that stick and not worrying so much about the magnitude.

#8 RealEcon

RealEcon

• Members
    • posts 1,022

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Here is a scenario:

but from 1st day, 50% of your links is gone, so is second day and the rest of the day.... in 3rd day, you already lost 15K sites, but your daily blast is 10K... now, that will raise a red flag.

Don't take the number too serious, just an example. When Google starts to find you losing more links than gain, especially those links from all kind of sites, from PR N/A to PR0, that's a good indication of you spamming the search engine!

That's why some people send tons of links to a site without penalty, because they get more links and lost very little. The question is not building link too fast, but losing it too fast, a lot faster than gaining them, then your "NEW" site will be in trouble.

Kok Choon

You are totally right.

#9 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
    • posts 506

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

So for brand new websites, is it a good idea to get started only with 1 blog network? Because when using a blog network, nearly 100% of the backlinks stink. And after a few weeks I can add profile backlinks, too, because the attrition rate of profile backlinks is much higher. But it is not a problem, because I already have some backlinks.

#10 callmemark

callmemark

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 5

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Thank KC. This has just answered some important questions I had. it makes perfect sense. Thanks again KC.

#11 Hammie

Hammie

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 4

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

So for brand new websites, is it a good idea to get started only with 1 blog network? Because when using a blog network, nearly 100% of the backlinks stink. And after a few weeks I can add profile backlinks, too, because the attrition rate of profile backlinks is much higher. But it is not a problem, because I already have some backlinks.

I'd love to know if someone could answer/back this up??

#12 jacksonlin

jacksonlin

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 26

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

I have been sandboxed blasting links too aggressively.

The key is link velocity. If you blast like thousands of links, make sure you keep it up. Don't drop it off.

At the start of my IM career I submitted around 30 UAW articles at 50 a day using UAW.

As you can imagine I got a shit load of links real quick, but then I stopped. Then my SERPs nose dived.

2/3 of the sites came back eventually, one's still in the sandbox!
    I Met Mark Ling from AFFILORAMA (maker of Affiloblueprint and Affilojetpack and Traffic Travis)! Read About My Meeting With Super Affiliate Mark Ling from Affilorama at my BS FREE BLOG:

http://jacksonsmarke...ining.com/blog/

#13 spiritus

spiritus

• Members
    • posts 217

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Here is a scenario:

Kok Choon

How can off-site SEO raise any ref flags ?

I can never understand this theory nor can I understand why so many people still maintain it's true.

If it was possible to upset the Google Gods by having too many spammy links then wouldn't there be a spam war where competitors try to knock each other's SERPS by waging malicious spam link campaigns against each other ?

#14 xblade

xblade

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 47

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:09 AM

How can off-site SEO raise any ref flags ?

I can never understand this theory nor can I understand why so many people still maintain it's true.

If it was possible to upset the Google Gods by having too many spammy links then wouldn't there be a spam war where competitors try to knock each other's SERPS by waging malicious spam link campaigns against each other ?

Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it isn't true. Plenty of things in this world don't make sense, but are nonetheless true.

#15 Lou

Lou

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 4

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

I still don't understand much of any of this, but thank you Kok what you posted makes a lot of sense.

#16 Bryan

Bryan

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 6

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

I usually do it as much as I can because like someone said here, Google doesn't find them all at once, some will be found in couple of days, some will be found in couple of weeks, and some will be found in couple of months so I think it's better to do as much as you can so that way you see the result faster with Google finding your new backlinks day by day

#17 wsaus

wsaus

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 80

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:56 AM

Excellent answer KC - very simple to understand for the novice's ;)

#18 ozlat

ozlat

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 10

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

When you start a new web domain, doesn't it hurt your SEO to see a flood of backlinks appear in a short time? In just looking at the backlinking tools and classified ads on this website, it appears that most people on this website are posting tens to hundreds of blog links, bookmarks, articles, etc. per month.
    Thanks.

as long as you keep in consistent... it shouldn't matter !!
    Experience permanent hair removal with this revolutionary AND organic hair removal cream! :cool:

#19 Backlink Cannon

Backlink Cannon

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 46

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:59 AM

Do as much links as you want but don't ping them at once. Google doesn't find them all on the same day anyways.

#20 andykeating

andykeating

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 34

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

ya if you make too many links in a single day then it will hurt your site as google will think you are spamming..it might ban your site..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users