Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Backlinks - How Soon?

• Please log in to reply
    22 replies to this topic

#1 Mac1

Mac1

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 11

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

Hi Guys, How soon would you throw a 2000/5000 backlink package at a new site?

My site is a week old and I'm steadily building manual backlinks: profiles, articles, SB etc. but I want this site to be ranking for my keywords for the Christmas market. How soon would you guys go for a big backlink package?

Thanks

#2 JessicaClark

JessicaClark

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 9

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

According to AJ Morgans, he builds 30-80 backlinks per month, and lets time do its thing. Off course, there is always other methods to throw into your link building, such as, RSS Feeds around backlinks, and social bookmarking. I would throw 2000-5000 backlinks over a 2 year period time. So do the math and keep it around that time frame. That is my opinion.

#3 LinkBuildingReviews

LinkBuildingReviews

• Members
    • posts 658

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

Phh you wont get any two people answer this the same way, 3 months is a decent rule of thumb in my opinion.

You really have to experiment and find something that works for you I am afraid... but one thing no one will argue with is that a week is nothing... and you cannot realistically expect do depose established sites in less than four months.

The only way you are going to get #1 with a new domain and mass link packages is if no other site is actually targeting your keyword.

Christmas 2011 would be a more realistic target.
    BackBlasts.Com - Daily Scheduled Link Building Drip Feed Links The Cheapest and the Best:

100 Links Per Day - $9.99 | 200 Links Per Day - $17.99 | 500 Links Per Day - $29 | 1000 Links Per Day - $49 | 2000 Links Per Day - $69

►► Daily Schedled Link Building ★ Drip Feed ★ Advanced Features ★ From $9.99 pm! ◄◄

#4 djsacul

djsacul

• Members
    • posts 276

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hi Mac1, here's a third opinion for you.

As far as how many backlinks you can throw at your new site, I come from the belief that as long as you keep it consistent, you can throw as many as you want at it. Shane Hunter claims to be ranking sites recently very quickly by throwing 2k Xrumer links a day at his brand new sites. They key is that he's throwing links at his new sites consistently.

Also, it's impossible for us to advise you how long it will take for you to rank for your keywords without knowing what your competition is like. There are some keywords you could rank in a month for, there are some keywords you could rank by Christmas for, and there are some keywords that will take you much longer than that to rank for. Make sure before you go after any keyword, you are analyzing your competition thoroughly.

Good luck!
    Buy TK's new unreleased ebook... RedHat SEO (AFF LINK)

#5 Brad Callen

Brad Callen

• Members
    • posts 287

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:07 PM

I would say it depends on the types of links.

You should try to mimic the natural process whenever you can and if you do that then you shouldn't have to worry too much about total # of links per month. If you buy any one type of links (especially for a new site) you should be right to be concerned.

Think about it as a ratio and do whatever you can to get links from industry related sites to throw into the mix. When I say that I don't mean buy them either. That would make it even more likely you'd feel the wrath of Godgle.
    Get Your FREE SEO Guide on how I managed to grab the #1 position on Google
    for hundreds of extremely competitive keywords...

==> Get FREE Google Ranking Course Here!

#6 Nomar

Nomar

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 24

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:17 AM

It definitely depends on the type of links like Brad says. You can build a few hundred to thousands of directory links without harming the site really, same counts for social links
    It's your mind that creates the world!

#7 doubleD

doubleD

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

You don't need to rank in Google to get traffic. You also don't really need to worry about getting a lot of links after the 3 or 4 week "classification" period by Google. Just make sure those links have IP diversity and that, most importantly, you maintain the link volume that you establish. Don't just bomb it and then new link building die off.

#8 russ3377

russ3377

• Members
    • posts 366

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

Is there any documentation on the "classification" time frame you are talking about? I hear some people talking about a site needing to be 3 months old.

Is there anything from google on this, or is it all just people guessing based on their own experiences?

#9 tristanperry

tristanperry

• Members
    • posts 223

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

You don't need to rank in Google to get traffic. You also don't really need to worry about getting a lot of links after the 3 or 4 week "classification" period by Google. Just make sure those links have IP diversity and that, most importantly, you maintain the link volume that you establish. Don't just bomb it and then new link building die off.

Yep, I personally think this is true.

I recently started a new site (it's a content site, I 'opened it up' to the SEs one month ago today) and I've built hundreds of backlinks thus far. I've noticed no penalty - Yahoo and Bing are sending me a steady amount of traffic, and Google are crawling my site loads (albeit not sending me much traffic just yet, I'm still at the trust stage I think)

I do think consistency is the key though - if you imagine a site which starts up, publishes (say) 5 pages of content, gets 50 backlinks then just stops. No more content. No more backlinks. It wouldn't look too good to the SEs (well, Google).

So yeah, don't stop with building backlinks.

But having said that, if you think of it, every so often there's always a new internet 'craze' which gets a (sometimes very new) site to the front page of Digg, Stumbleupon, the techy news sites etc etc. These would probably get this new site thousands or even tens of thousands of backlinks. Would Google say "What? They're NEW and getting backlinks? Lets deindex them". Nope ;)

They'd only worry if a new site got 1000s of backlinks then suddenly had 0 backlinks thereafter. I doubt Google would even worry (due to the way the internet works, as I mention in the above paragraph) if a site got 1000s of backlinks over a week, then after that just got 100s per month. This would still - IMO - be 'natural' enough in that internet crazes (and front pages of Digg et al) do come and go.

Just don't give up and drop to 0 backlinks and you should be good to go.

Within the first 3 months of my site opening (today being the end of the first month) I plan to build well over 1000 backlinks. I see no signs that this has harmed me (especially since they're from multiple link types), but I'll make a post here if I do see a penalty :)

Edited by tristanperry, 28 September 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#10 Ash2

Ash2

• Members
    • posts 154

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Hi Mac1

One tip for getting christmas traffic that's not at all sexy. Write a very good EZA or two, make the reader really want to click that link to your site where you show them where to get the best discount/read unbiased consumer reviews/change their lives. Then blast your EZA with gazillions of xR backlinks or bl from whereever you can get them. It will get you traffic since EZAs are never penalised. Yes, it's not as exciting as ranking your site, but you will get visitors, and hopefully conversions and cash :)

Also, in terms of backlinking your site, I wouldn't wait. Just keep it consistent. I think 30 bl per day should be fine as long as you keep it up.

I don't buy new sites any more, but just to give you an example: I got an aged site recently, and last week I started sending it 100s of backlinks daily from article submissions. It's dancing a bit, but for a very competitive (and lucrative) term it is now on page 3. I hope to be page 1 in time for christmas. No reason you shouldn't get the christmas traffic as long as you focus and keep getting those backlinks :)

#11 alexrabe

alexrabe

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 7

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

Nice Tips from Ash2 But i would like to add in that, do some good Blog Comments on your title key word, your site will be on good index

#12 Mac1

Mac1

• Members
    • PipPip
    • posts 11

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

Thanks Ash, that makes a load of sense to me. I've got some automated links outsourced and then a manual link builder working on the campaign.

Specially like the EZA XR tip.

Hi Mac1

One tip for getting christmas traffic that's not at all sexy. Write a very good EZA or two, make the reader really want to click that link to your site where you show them where to get the best discount/read unbiased consumer reviews/change their lives. Then blast your EZA with gazillions of xR backlinks or bl from whereever you can get them. It will get you traffic since EZAs are never penalised. Yes, it's not as exciting as ranking your site, but you will get visitors, and hopefully conversions and cash :)

Also, in terms of backlinking your site, I wouldn't wait. Just keep it consistent. I think 30 bl per day should be fine as long as you keep it up.

I don't buy new sites any more, but just to give you an example: I got an aged site recently, and last week I started sending it 100s of backlinks daily from article submissions. It's dancing a bit, but for a very competitive (and lucrative) term it is now on page 3. I hope to be page 1 in time for christmas. No reason you shouldn't get the christmas traffic as long as you focus and keep getting those backlinks :)

#13 Ash2

Ash2

• Members
    • posts 154

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

Hi Mac, glad you liked the tips and I hope we will be celebrating after Christmas!

#14 DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 78

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:13 AM

Don't get carried away too much with blasting EZ or other popular sites for that matter. They've been known to delete articles for that kind of stuff.
    buying sites with revenue - pm for details

#15 MagerMager

MagerMager

• Members
    • posts 103

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

How many backlinks would it take before EZA starts suspecting something? I was planning to fling 200 backlinks opening week to my EZA article. Building up of course. Almost all of them would be profile backlinks.

#16 csbutler3

csbutler3

• Members
    • posts 472

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

I gave my ezine article 50 links a day for about a week and got on the first page within a month max. I say max because I wasn't monitoring it; I didn't see uick progress and thought it was a failure, but lo and behold one month later I checked out of curiosity and there was my article sittin high on the front page =)

#17 Sate Solutions

Sate Solutions

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 2

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

Getting 2000/5000 backlinks to a new website may lead Sandbox by Google..we want to be very careful in it...Dont dump the site with backlinks in a second or minute...Do Slowly and manually to get the best backlinks which will also worthful backlinks...

Thanks
    Sate

#18 cg101

cg101

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 67

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

I built 2000 links to a new site 3 weeks after the domain registration. Didn't hurt a thing. You've got some that think that think you should only build like 10 links a day on a new domain but my tests have shown that you need to be consistent in your building.. if you build 5000 links one day and then don't touch it again for 10 days that doesn't look good.. so if you're going to build slow build slow but if you're going to build fast build fast and no matter which road you choose be consistent !

#19 everlonglp3

everlonglp3

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 58

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Honestly, nobody doesn't really know. It's going to be a a gamble for you either way. Google = inconsistent. Unless you're the big dawgs.

#20 allina11

allina11

• Members
    • Pip
    • posts 2

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

It definitely depends on the type of links like Brad says. You can build a few hundred to thousands of directory links without harming the site really, same counts for social links

Sometime back-links easily updated through the social link and sometimes it will take sometime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users