Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Google's Human Quality Raters - Read This!

• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Hughes

Joe Hughes

• Members
    • posts 509

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

A really informative article about the human eyes that determine in around a minute if your site is relevant or spam.

The Article is Here

I know some people believe these people do not exist but this proves pretty conclusively that they do. However before you get in to a massive panic the amount of individual sites these reviewers can get through is tiny.

I'll give you a quick synopsis.

The reviewers are not employed by Google but by third parties who Google sub contract to.

The actual reviewers work on a 12 month contract for around $12 an hour. They work from home typically on a part time basis.

These people are trained to do the job including exams but are not "industry professionals". Basically they are normal people.

Essentially there job is to decide if a site is relevant and they can decide if it's spam. It can be relevant and spam!

Here's the kicker they have between one and two minutes to make that judgement. So if you have lot's of ad's and banners above the fold you could be marked as spam.

There is a frightening example in the article were one reviewer is not even looking at the site he is just looking at the snippet in the SERP's!

There is lots of good information I suggest you take a look.
    Guaranteed Ranking Increase or Your Money Back - Discounted For Launch

100% Permanent Links
    All From Aged PR Domains
    100% Original Content

Click Here to Find Out More

#2 bill123

bill123

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 61

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

very interesting article.

#3 Joe Hughes

Joe Hughes

• Members
    • posts 509

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

very interesting article.

She quite often has some really interesting stuff. Worth checking out on a Friday!

Godoveryou - Your blast is coming, am I right :)
    Guaranteed Ranking Increase or Your Money Back - Discounted For Launch

100% Permanent Links
    All From Aged PR Domains
    100% Original Content

Click Here to Find Out More

#4 thrall

thrall

• Members
    • posts 170

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

This article has a lot of speculation.

Also like the article mentions, the data set would be really small. Maybe they use people like this to tune their algorithms. We just don't know.

Also read the quote within this article:

We don’t use any of the data we gather in that way. I mean, it is conceivable you could. But the evaluation site ratings that we gather never directly affect the search results that we return. We never go back and say, “Oh, we learned from a rater that this result isn’t as good as that one, so let’s put them in a different order.” Doing something like that would skew the whole evaluation by-and-large. So we never touch it.

Pretty damn clear to me this data is used for something else. Maybe fine tuning algorithms to discover what a page is really about.

The above assumes the article is correct and they still do this. I don't know that for a fact, so I'm speculating as well.

Edited by thrall, 02 December 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#5 BrentR

BrentR

• Members
    • posts 115

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

A very wise cookie summarized what is known about the human review process beyond the initial post by PP Girl. Check-it-Check-it-out home boys & girls.

http://searchenginew...-Quality-Raters

Edited by BrentR, 03 December 2011 - 12:19 AM.

rel="Punctual"

--

You have NO IDEA what is in store..:cool:

#6 light_taurus

light_taurus

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 59

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Somehow i do not trust this "potpiegirl". All this google quality raters thing went too far IMHO. Something is not right here. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users