This is a sample case study & you should rank as many websites as possible to make a good income. It's pretty easy!
Lets come to the topic...
I did some key word research & bought a new Exact Match .org domain [.com and .net was already taken]
The niche was medium competitive (or less medium competitive since it's not an affiliate key word). Not tough as "Auto insurance quotes" and not easy as "internet explorer ipad"
Global Monthly searches (Exact Match) - 40,500 (It means daily 1350 users are searching using this exact keyword - This number is not accurate, but closer to the number as the google keyword tool values are not that accurate)
1. I set up wordpress and posted 5x500 unique good quality articles relevant to the. Installed the basic plugins and added the about page & contact page
2. First week I set up 20 web 2.0 properties(all do follow) with 22% unique spun articles (one unique article spun 20 times - I used the free version of spinnerchief). All those made with images because I don't want them to be removed later. This type of links are very powerful in a long run. My VA has done this manually - did not use any tools.
I used some inter-linking between these properties too - Not like a link wheel. I did some inter layering and got more link juice passed to the Wordpress, Blogger & Weebly pages.
3. Scheduled all these web 2.0 properties to daily 1000 xrumer blast for related set of keywords (all blogs together - not individually) for continuous 30 days.
4. Started making 4-5 do follow blog comments daily on high PR pages. (Page with less than 200 OBL)
5. After 1-2 weeks (or near by, I don't remember the day exactly) did a direct AMR (Article) blast - only to directories with PR0+ Got around 150 live links.
At the end of two weeks the rank was #66 on google (I don't care about other search engines)
6. After two weeks I gave a 1000 direct xrumer blast to the site using a set of non-targeted key words and did the same one week after this too - Just scheduled and it happened automatically.
The purpose of using this xrumer blast was to diversify the anchor text. I usually use 50% of links with my targeted anchor and the rest with a few other keywords and and also exact url.
7. Gave a 15000 Links ScrapeBox blast to the web 2.0 properties.
After 18 days rank was #32
8. Then I ordered a bulk Social Bookmarking Service (1000+ live links both do follow and nofollow). You can either do it in your own or order a bulk social bookmarking service
Checked the ranking after 3 weeks (3 days after the completion of social bookmarking) and the site was in #5 (Yes, social bookmarks are very effective currently for short term boosts)
9. Added some more High PR blog comments (daily 5-10)
I pinged all Xrumer & Social Bookmarking URLs. Added them to two indexing services. [I used the free version]
Rank was #1 from the 27th day.
Average unique daily visitors : 700-800 & Average daily adsense income $10
But it will come down to $4-$5/day if it fell down to 2nd rank.
Some of the web 2.0 properties got Page Rank too now (4 got PR2 and 5 got PR1). Because the PR update occurred nearly 20 days after I started blasting them. Also my main site (money site) is PR3
I continued the xrumer blast to the web 2.0 properties for 30 days.
My conclusion and opinion.
My focus was to get diversified links (Contextual web 2.0, Social Bookmarks, Blog comments, Article, Profile, etc). Getting long term powerful links - web 2.0, Not all social bookmarking and Blog comment links are long term but there are good for immediate rank boost. However 50% of them are likely to last for long term.
Profile & Article backlinks are not powerful as they used to be. They give some rank improvement but not as they used to be.
Article directories were hunted by google after the panda started. Profile links were hunted even before that. However they work to some extent.
Some people blast articles with Xrumer/ScrapeBox but I did not use it because blasting web 2.0 gives much better results than blasting articles - Especially after panda!
You can direct blast the money site with xrumer but limit it to a small number and also make sure you drip feed it.
SEO techniques changes with time so... test, research and read that will keep you updated always. If you continue the SEO you did 6 months ago you may not be able to rank effectively because google changes fast. Therefore we too should change the techniques!
Edited by faceblogger, 22 November 2011 - 03:44 AM.