Hey Guest, Welcome to Backlinksforum - Archive!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Important

This is the (read only) Archive of Backlinksforum.com up to December 3 2011
    If you want to start a new topic, then you need to go to: www.trafficplanet.com

- - - - -

Site:domain.com questions

• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 marky

marky

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 47

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

I just purchased my old domain I let expire years ago, but i still see plenty of hops from affilates coming in so i asked the owner to sell it to me. Anybody know what to make of these results in google.

site:domain.com
    2 results in google showing:

w.domain.com
    ww.domain.com

info:domain.com = no results.

I have never seen this w or ww listed for a domain before but maybe its common.

#2 trakker

trakker

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 68

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Technically, w.mydomain and ww.mydomain are merely SUBDOMAINS of mydomain.com, just like www.mydomain.com is a subdomain.

Its not common for those to be indexed. Some had to create them on purpose.

The fact that nothing shows on info:mydomain.com is definately a bad sign and probably means de-indexed.

#3 marky

marky

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 47

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

Yes, I think no results from info:domain.com is not a good sign, but sense I already have the product i'll
    just build more backlinks and hope it returns. I hope putting the original content back up with help with this.

#4 marky

marky

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 47

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

btw,

Info:w.domain.com
    and
    Info:ww.domain.com

does return results showing the site is indexed, but i have no clue how to transfer this screwy
    thing to the www version.

#5 gittar1122

gittar1122

• Members
    • posts 118

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

Info:domain.com must give you some results as you are saying info:w.domain.com is showing some result. Are these sub-domains redirected to any other domain???
    Use Coupon BLF10 to get 10% Discount

Check here -> High PR DoFollow Blog Commenting at Discounted Price

#6 marky

marky

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 47

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

Info:domain.com must give you some results as you are saying info:w.domain.com is showing some result. Are these sub-domains redirected to any other domain???

No they are not redirected. Google cache shows both ww.domain.com and w.domain.com as normal godaddy parked pages. But the www version is not in the cache nor indexed. I dont know why this was done as far as i can tell from way back machine the domain is just parked. The only thing i can think to do (as soon as i figure it out) is to 301 both ww. and w. pages to the www version and wait and see. Maybe i can find an option in cpanel or some htaccess code to accomplish this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users